Problem in Setting SQL Mail / SQL Agent Mail

Problem in Setting SQL Mail / SQL Agent Mail

Post by Pradeep Kuma » Mon, 24 Dec 2001 17:29:03

Hii there,

Am using Windows 2000 Server, SQL Server 2000, Outlook 2000 client.

SQLSERVERAGENT & MSSQLSERVER are running under domain account sql.
I successfully setup an mail account for sql from which i can send & recieve
mails..

But I am unable to setup SQL Mail & SQL Server Agent Mail and am totally
confused...............
Any help??

Thanks & Regards,
Pradeep Kumar

---

This email may be confidential and/or privileged. Only the intended
recipient may access or use it. Any dissemination, distribution or
copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient please notify us immediately by return email and
then erase the email.

We use virus scanning software but exclude all liability for viruses
or similar in any attachment or message...,..,..,.

Problem in Setting SQL Mail / SQL Agent Mail

Post by Jasper Smit » Tue, 25 Dec 2001 02:32:39

When you say you set up a profile , were you logged onto the server as sql
account ?

i.e. log into the server as the sqlservice account
set up a mail profile with exchange service only
open Enterprise Manager
In the properties tab of SQL Mail choose the profile you have just set up
from
the drop down list.(can you see the profile in the dropdown list ?)
And then click on Test, you should get a message confirming success

Problems with SQL Mail are generaly to do with the accounts SQL is running
under but
it sounds like you are ok there. Just make sure you are logged into the
server as that account
and not for instance an administrative account when you set up the profile.

HTH
Jasper Smith

Quote:> Hii there,

> Am using Windows 2000 Server, SQL Server 2000, Outlook 2000 client.

> SQLSERVERAGENT & MSSQLSERVER are running under domain account sql.
> I successfully setup an mail account for sql from which i can send &
recieve
> mails..

> But I am unable to setup SQL Mail & SQL Server Agent Mail and am totally
> confused...............
> Any help??

> Thanks & Regards,
> Pradeep Kumar

> ---

> This email may be confidential and/or privileged. Only the intended
> recipient may access or use it. Any dissemination, distribution or
> copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you are not the
> intended recipient please notify us immediately by return email and
> then erase the email.

> We use virus scanning software but exclude all liability for viruses
> or similar in any attachment or message...,..,..,.

Problem in Setting SQL Mail / SQL Agent Mail

Post by Pradeep Kuma » Tue, 25 Dec 2001 14:03:20

Dear John

Thanks a lot for your response.

You were right, I was not logged onto the server with the same account under
sql account.
But after logging onto the server with sql account the problem remains the
same and also am unable to see the profile under drop downlist.
When I click test after specifing the sql profile it gives me the error.

Please help.

Thanks & Regards,
Pradeep Kumar

> When you say you set up a profile , were you logged onto the server as sql
> account ?

> i.e. log into the server as the sqlservice account
> set up a mail profile with exchange service only
> open Enterprise Manager
> In the properties tab of SQL Mail choose the profile you have just set up
> from
> the drop down list.(can you see the profile in the dropdown list ?)
> And then click on Test, you should get a message confirming success

> Problems with SQL Mail are generaly to do with the accounts SQL is running
> under but
> it sounds like you are ok there. Just make sure you are logged into the
> server as that account
> and not for instance an administrative account when you set up the
profile.

> HTH
> Jasper Smith

> > Hii there,

> > Am using Windows 2000 Server, SQL Server 2000, Outlook 2000 client.

> > SQLSERVERAGENT & MSSQLSERVER are running under domain account sql.
> > I successfully setup an mail account for sql from which i can send &
> recieve
> > mails..

> > But I am unable to setup SQL Mail & SQL Server Agent Mail and am totally
> > confused...............
> > Any help??

> > Thanks & Regards,
> > Pradeep Kumar

> > ---

> > This email may be confidential and/or privileged. Only the intended
> > recipient may access or use it. Any dissemination, distribution or
> > copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you are not the
> > intended recipient please notify us immediately by return email and
> > then erase the email.

> > We use virus scanning software but exclude all liability for viruses
> > or similar in any attachment or message...,..,..,.

---

This email may be confidential and/or privileged. Only the intended
recipient may access or use it. Any dissemination, distribution or
copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient please notify us immediately by return email and
then erase the email.

We use virus scanning software but exclude all liability for viruses
or similar in any attachment or message...,..,..,.

Problem in Setting SQL Mail / SQL Agent Mail

Post by Jasper Smit » Tue, 25 Dec 2001 18:17:01

In situations like this its best to start from scratch :-)

1) Confirm with your Exchange Administrator that the domain account you
usr for your SQL Service (sql) is the primary NT account for the mailbox
.
2) Log into the server as the sql account
3) Delete any existing Mail Profiles
4) Set up a new mail profile (Check Outlook is in Corporate/Workgroup
mode) choosing the Manually Configure
Information Services option
5) Add only the Exchange Service, point it at the Exchange Server and
mailbox specified in (1)
6) Finish the profile set up
7) Go into Outllok and check you can send and receive mail from that
profile
8) Exit and log off Outlook (File > Exit and Log Off)
9) Open Enterprise Manager
10) Expand Support Services Folder and Right Click on SQL Mail
11) From the drop down list select the profile you configured in step
(4)
12) Test

HTH
Jasper

Cheers
Jasper Smith

Problem in Setting SQL Mail / SQL Agent Mail

Post by Pradeep Kuma » Wed, 26 Dec 2001 00:43:46

Dear Smith,

Thanks again.
It works:-)))

--
Thanks & Regards,
Pradeep Kumar

Quote:> In situations like this its best to start from scratch :-)

> 1) Confirm with your Exchange Administrator that the domain account you
> usr for your SQL Service (sql) is the primary NT account for the mailbox
> .
> 2) Log into the server as the sql account
> 3) Delete any existing Mail Profiles
> 4) Set up a new mail profile (Check Outlook is in Corporate/Workgroup
> mode) choosing the Manually Configure
> Information Services option
> 5) Add only the Exchange Service, point it at the Exchange Server and
> mailbox specified in (1)
> 6) Finish the profile set up
> 7) Go into Outllok and check you can send and receive mail from that
> profile
> 8) Exit and log off Outlook (File > Exit and Log Off)
> 9) Open Enterprise Manager
> 10) Expand Support Services Folder and Right Click on SQL Mail
> 11) From the drop down list select the profile you configured in step
> (4)
> 12) Test

> HTH
> Jasper

> Cheers
> Jasper Smith

---

This email may be confidential and/or privileged. Only the intended
recipient may access or use it. Any dissemination, distribution or
copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient please notify us immediately by return email and
then erase the email.

We use virus scanning software but exclude all liability for viruses
or similar in any attachment or message...,..,..,.

Problem in Setting SQL Mail / SQL Agent Mail

Post by Bill Clar » Sun, 06 Jan 2002 07:15:31

Pradeep,

The Mail profiles are Windows user specific. You will need
to delete the existing profile, and recreate it as the
proper domain user.

Also, FYI, there are some problems with SQL Mail and SQL
SP2. If you have installed or are contemplating installing
SP2, I have found the only workaround to be to explicitly
stop mail sessions using xp_stopmail after calls to
xp_sendmail..

Hope this helps.

Bill Clark

message

>> When you say you set up a profile , were you logged

onto the server as sql
Quote:>> account ?

>> i.e. log into the server as the sqlservice account
>> set up a mail profile with exchange service only
>> open Enterprise Manager
>> In the properties tab of SQL Mail choose the profile

you have just set up
Quote:>> from
>> the drop down list.(can you see the profile in the
dropdown list ?)
>> And then click on Test, you should get a message
confirming success

>> Problems with SQL Mail are generaly to do with the

accounts SQL is running

>> under but
>> it sounds like you are ok there. Just make sure you are
logged into the
>> server as that account
>> and not for instance an administrative account when you
set up the
>profile.

>> HTH
>> Jasper Smith

>> > Hii there,

>> > Am using Windows 2000 Server, SQL Server 2000,

Outlook 2000 client.

Quote:

>> > SQLSERVERAGENT & MSSQLSERVER are running under domain
account sql.
>> > I successfully setup an mail account for sql from
which i can send &
>> recieve
>> > mails..

>> > But I am unable to setup SQL Mail & SQL Server Agent
Mail and am totally
>> > confused...............
>> > Any help??

>> > Thanks & Regards,
>> > Pradeep Kumar

>> > ---

***********
Quote:

>> > This email may be confidential and/or privileged.
Only the intended
>> > recipient may access or use it. Any dissemination,
distribution or
>> > copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you
are not the
>> > intended recipient please notify us immediately by
return email and
>> > then erase the email.

>> > We use virus scanning software but exclude all

liability for viruses
Quote:>> > or similar in any attachment or message...,..,..,.

(http://www.grisoft.com).

Quote:>> > Version: 6.0.303 / Virus Database: 164 - Release
Date: 11/24/2001

************

>This email may be confidential and/or privileged. Only
the intended
>recipient may access or use it. Any dissemination,
distribution or
>copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you are
not the
>intended recipient please notify us immediately by return
email and
>then erase the email.

>We use virus scanning software but exclude all liability
for viruses
>or similar in any attachment or message...,..,..,.

11/24/2001

>.

1. Setting up SQL Agent Mail and SQL Mail

I have set up a new SQL Server running SQL Server 2000
Standard Edition SP2 with a hotfix applied for parallel
processing. It is running on Windows 2000 Advanced Server
SP3.

I have not installed Outlook on the machine because I
didn't think it needed it (it's just a server). However, I
would like to enable SQL Agent mail and SQL Mail
functions. Am I required to install Outlook for this? Or,
is there another way I can set up a mail profile without
Outlook on the machine?

Ken

2. joined tables same field names (NEWBIE QUESTION)

3. Lotus Notes and SQL Mail/SQL Agent Mail

4. SQL Mail Setup Error

5. SQL server 7 agent mail / SQL mail setup questions

6. Can someone Help with SELECT COUNT(*) syntax????

7. SQL Agent Mail and SQL Mail

8. Running application from stored procedure

9. sql mail and sql agent mail

10. SQL Mail vs SQL Agent Mail

11. Setting Up SQL Mail for SQL Agent