server agent in SQL Server 7.0 ver 842 - OS WinNt 4.0 Server SP 4

server agent in SQL Server 7.0 ver 842 - OS WinNt 4.0 Server SP 4

Post by Giulio Granzio » Sun, 25 Mar 2001 03:19:27

Dear Sirs,

I have a problem with Sql server agent: when I turn on the computer server the
service agent doesn't start.
In the Sql Server Manager the SQLServerAgent has the'Auto-start service when OS
starts' selected.
'Service startup account' is 'System account' and the 'Connection' is 'Use SQL
Server authentication'.
I tested that if I start the service manually it runs.

I'm waiting for a suggestion as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely

Giulio Granziol

CSTV      Treviso    Italy

server agent in SQL Server 7.0 ver 842 - OS WinNt 4.0 Server SP 4

Post by Scott Whigha » Mon, 02 Apr 2001 08:04:47

Have you gone to the Control Panel (Win NT4)/ComputerManagement (Windows
2000) and gone into the Services tab and checked the properties of the
service to see whether or not it is propagating the change you are making in
Ent. Mgr to the actual OS? If should be checked to auto-start.

Does your Event Log give you any errors?  This should be the first place to
look for problems.

Scott Whigham
MCSE, MCDBA
http://www.gulfsouthconsulting.com/sqlserver

Dear Sirs,

I have a problem with Sql server agent: when I turn on the computer server
the
service agent doesn't start.
In the Sql Server Manager the SQLServerAgent has the'Auto-start service when
OS
starts' selected.
'Service startup account' is 'System account' and the 'Connection' is 'Use
SQL
Server authentication'.
I tested that if I start the service manually it runs.

I'm waiting for a suggestion as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely

Giulio Granziol

CSTV      Treviso    Italy

1. Can't install SQL Server 7.0 Enterprise edition on WinNT 4.0 sp 6

I need to install SQL Server 7.0 Enterprise edition on WinNT 4.0 with sp 6.
Developers edition was on it initially and I uninstalled the SQL Server 7.0
Dev edition, rebooted and tried to install the Enterprise edition.  This
gave me an error saying it cannot install Enterprise edition using this cd.
The cd is good because I tested it on another machine.  What do I need to do
to get the Enterprise edition installed?  Please help me out.

2. Distributed Transactions

3. SQL Server 7.0 and SQL Server Agent 7.0 cluster ressources don′t showup

4. SQL 7.0 & ADO Index

5. Using like with NULL shutdown System 10

6. SQLServer Agent NOT starting after upgr frm SQL Server 7.0 to SQL Server 2K

7. database modelling

8. SQL Server 7.0 on NT Server to SQL Server 7.0 on win2k Pro

9. Password recovery for user sa on SQL Server 4.0 and SQL Server 7.0

10. SQL Server 7.0 on NT Server to SQL Server 7.0 on win2k Pro