AS/400 Linked Server And Replication

Post by Geno » Sat, 17 Nov 2001 23:29:05

I am working on ultimately setting up an AS/400 as an
Linked Server(via AS/400Client Access and MSDASQL) and
then using transactional replication. Currently, I can use
OPENQUERY to do inserts and selects and this works fine,
however, I can not accomplish Updates and Deletes when
using the OPENQUERY for both of these operations the error
I receive is as follows:

STATEMENT:

DELETE OPENQUERY(AS400,'SELECT NUMBER,IDNO FROM MAL.TEST
WHERE NUMBER>25')

RESULT:

Server: Msg 7345, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 OLE DB
provider 'MSDASQL' could not delete from table 'SELECT
NUMBER,IDNO FROM MAL.TEST WHERE NUMBER>25'. There was a
recoverable, provider-specific error, such as an RPC
failure. ODBC: Msg 0, Level 19, State 1
SqlDumpExceptionHandler: Process 14 generated fatal
exception c0000005 EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION. SQL Server
is terminating this process. [OLE/DB provider returned
message: Multiple-step operation generated errors. Check
each status value.]

Next Error, when I try to set up Transactional Replication
with the AS/400 Linked Server I get the following error:

Client Access Express ODBC Driver(32-bit) 24000 Invalid
Cursor State

Any and all help is greatly appreciated

Post by Geno » Sat, 17 Nov 2001 23:28:46

[...]

Post by Questo » Sun, 18 Nov 2001 07:06:16

What AS/400 provider are you using?

If you aren't using HIT's then...

Try using HIT's

www.hitsw.com

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I am working on ultimately setting up an AS/400 as an
>Linked Server(via AS/400Client Access and MSDASQL) and
>then using transactional replication. Currently, I can
use
>OPENQUERY to do inserts and selects and this works fine,
>however, I can not accomplish Updates and Deletes when
>using the OPENQUERY for both of these operations the
error
>I receive is as follows:

>STATEMENT:

>DELETE OPENQUERY(AS400,'SELECT NUMBER,IDNO FROM MAL.TEST
>WHERE NUMBER>25')

>RESULT:

>Server: Msg 7345, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 OLE DB
>provider 'MSDASQL' could not delete from table 'SELECT
>NUMBER,IDNO FROM MAL.TEST WHERE NUMBER>25'. There was a
>recoverable, provider-specific error, such as an RPC
>failure. ODBC: Msg 0, Level 19, State 1
>SqlDumpExceptionHandler: Process 14 generated fatal
>exception c0000005 EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION. SQL
Server
>is terminating this process. [OLE/DB provider returned
>message: Multiple-step operation generated errors. Check
>each status value.]

>Next Error, when I try to set up Transactional
Replication
>with the AS/400 Linked Server I get the following error:

>Client Access Express ODBC Driver(32-bit) 24000 Invalid
>Cursor State

>Any and all help is greatly appreciated

>.

AS/400 Linked Server And Replication

Post by Mark » Wed, 05 Dec 2001 03:19:38

Geno,

Sorry to tell you, OPENQUERY has some major bugs.  I've been fighting with
getting it NOT to throw a fatal exception when Select statements run on an
Analysis Server 2000 cube.  It has virtually NO error tolerance (Read: You
best have
the passed SQL statement absolutely correct or you'll crash your SQL
instance.)

I'm pretty certain they haven't fixed it either in SP2, released on Nov
30th.

Mark

Quote:> I am working on ultimately setting up an AS/400 as an
> Linked Server(via AS/400Client Access and MSDASQL) and
> then using transactional replication. Currently, I can use
> OPENQUERY to do inserts and selects and this works fine,
> however, I can not accomplish Updates and Deletes when
> using the OPENQUERY for both of these operations the error
> I receive is as follows:

> STATEMENT:

> DELETE OPENQUERY(AS400,'SELECT NUMBER,IDNO FROM MAL.TEST
> WHERE NUMBER>25')

> RESULT:

> Server: Msg 7345, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 OLE DB
> provider 'MSDASQL' could not delete from table 'SELECT
> NUMBER,IDNO FROM MAL.TEST WHERE NUMBER>25'. There was a
> recoverable, provider-specific error, such as an RPC
> failure. ODBC: Msg 0, Level 19, State 1
> SqlDumpExceptionHandler: Process 14 generated fatal
> exception c0000005 EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION. SQL Server
> is terminating this process. [OLE/DB provider returned
> message: Multiple-step operation generated errors. Check
> each status value.]

> Next Error, when I try to set up Transactional Replication
> with the AS/400 Linked Server I get the following error:

> Client Access Express ODBC Driver(32-bit) 24000 Invalid
> Cursor State

> Any and all help is greatly appreciated

1. AS/400 Linked Server and Replication

[...]

2. UNKOWN TOKEN - SQL server 6.5 - can anyone help

3. Linked server SQL -> AS/400

4. Multiple Forms per Frame?

5. Linked server to AS/400

6. OLE Server DLL

7. AS/400 as a linked server on SQL 2000

8. Parameters

9. AS/400 as Linked server

10. AS 400 Linked Server

11. AS/400 LINKED SERVER

12. linked server to AS/400 - help needed

13. Linked Servers Client Acess/400