SQL MAIL Error: 18030

Post by kiwinilo » Tue, 30 Jul 2002 22:30:28

I have the same issue also. My SQL Server 2000 was working fine was
suddenly the SQL mail just failed with the "Error 18030" I have checked
all the settings and configuration and everything looks right. Confirmed
my IE has MS Outlook set as the default email program and still the
issue persists. I have even tried reinstalling MS Outlook and restarting
the server and still it does not help. Any out there has any clues? All
suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks!

SQL MAIL Error: 18030

Post by Leo Zhou [MS » Wed, 31 Jul 2002 01:08:18

Hello Kiwiniloa,

What is your configuration (Outlook 2k or Outlook xp, NT4 or Win 2K or Win
XP)?
Was the SQL logon account recently changed?
I would like to help you, but need more info.

Leo

Quote:> I have the same issue also. My SQL Server 2000 was working fine was
> suddenly the SQL mail just failed with the "Error 18030" I have checked
> all the settings and configuration and everything looks right. Confirmed
> my IE has MS Outlook set as the default email program and still the
> issue persists. I have even tried reinstalling MS Outlook and restarting
> the server and still it does not help. Any out there has any clues? All
> suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks!

> --

SQL MAIL Error: 18030

Post by Allan Mitche » Wed, 31 Jul 2002 03:44:50

Lots of ideas

Make sure the SQL Server service account is a domain
account so it can see the Exchange server.

When configuring email, make sure you are logged
in the same account as the SQL Server account.

recreate profile

Stop and restart SQL Server Service

Allan
www.SQLDTS.com

Quote:>I have the same issue also. My SQL Server 2000 was working fine was
>suddenly the SQL mail just failed with the "Error 18030" I have checked
>all the settings and configuration and everything looks right. Confirmed
>my IE has MS Outlook set as the default email program and still the
>issue persists. I have even tried reinstalling MS Outlook and restarting
>the server and still it does not help. Any out there has any clues? All
>suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks!

>--

Allan Mitchell
www.SQLDTS.com

SQL MAIL Error: 18030

Post by Fargham Bu » Wed, 31 Jul 2002 04:32:04

Hi Kiwiniloa,

I am not sure what is the exact error message that you are getting, but if you
are getting below error message:

Error 18030: xp_test_mapi_profile : Either there is no default mail client or
the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request.  Please run
Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client.

then please try/check the following steps:

1.) Delete your old profile and create a new one
2.) After you create the new profile, stop and restart SQL Server
3.) Make sure that  you are able to send and receive e-mail messages using
Outlook
4.) Make sure that you are logged in with the proper Domain account

Please take a look at Q263556 INF: How to Configure SQL Mail and make sure that
you have checked all the steps mentioned in this article.

Here are couple of more articles that might interest you:

        Q315886 INF: Common SQL Mail Problems
        Q311231 INF: Frequently Asked Questions - SQL Server - SQL Mail
        Q281293 SQL Mail 2000 Needs Microsoft Outlook 2000

I hope the information addresses your question.

Thanks,

Fargham *
MS - SQL Server Support

SQL MAIL Error: 18030

Post by kiwinilo » Wed, 31 Jul 2002 13:03:13

Dear all,

Thnx for all prompt replies! Here are the details of the error message
and what I did:

When I try to test the SQL Mail I get the error message: "Error 18030:
xp_test_mapi_profile : Either there is no default mail client or the
current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run
Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client."

Same message also when I tried manually executing a SQL Mail test script
in Query Analyzer.

Fargham: I have already tried the steps you suggested and have even
reinstalled MS Outlook 2000 and still it does not help. However I am
able to send and receive emails using Outlook, somehow SQL mail just can
"talk" to Outlook.

Here are the details on how my server is setup:
1) Win2K server with SQL Server 2000 and Outlook 2000.
2) MS Outlook email profile has "Sqlservice" as primary account which I
   have setup using the Sqlservice account login.
3) I have configured SQL "Startup service account" under security in the
   Server properties to use "Sqlservice".
4) Usually I will login to the server using "administrator" id, which
   was working fine with the SQL mail as I mentioned in the above
   settings until suddenly one day it just failed on my scheduled email
   job with the error message.
5) Now either I log in as "sqlservice" or "Administrator", SQL mail
   does not work but MS Outlook still works fine under the
   "Sqlservice" login.

Hope I have provided enough details. Appreciate all the help. Thanks in
advance to all!

it appear in my dbforum profile... weird.

SQL MAIL Error: 18030

Post by Leo Zhou [MS » Thu, 01 Aug 2002 01:16:57

Hello Kiwiniloa,

It looks like that you have very common settings/configurations for using
SQL mail.
Is SqlService a NT domain account or it is an account created on the local
box?
I will suggest the following things.
1. Try to have the SQL server start account as yourself - a NT domain user.
2. Logon as your self and create a MAPI profile for yourself.
3. Use Outlook 2000 and send a mail to your self.
4. When SQL server started, open a QA and do xp_startmail with the MAPI
profile you just created.
5. Do a xp_sendmail to yourself and see if you can receive it from the
Outlook 2000.

If all  the above steps can be successful, then switch back and logon as
Administrator and see if you could use xp_sendmail.

I would like to work with you more from there...

Regards,

Leo Zhou

[This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.]

> Dear all,

> Thnx for all prompt replies! Here are the details of the error message
> and what I did:

> When I try to test the SQL Mail I get the error message: "Error 18030:
> xp_test_mapi_profile : Either there is no default mail client or the
> current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run
> Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client."

> Same message also when I tried manually executing a SQL Mail test script
> in Query Analyzer.

> Fargham: I have already tried the steps you suggested and have even
> reinstalled MS Outlook 2000 and still it does not help. However I am
> able to send and receive emails using Outlook, somehow SQL mail just can
> "talk" to Outlook.

> Here are the details on how my server is setup:
> 1) Win2K server with SQL Server 2000 and Outlook 2000.
> 2) MS Outlook email profile has "Sqlservice" as primary account which I
>    have setup using the Sqlservice account login.
> 3) I have configured SQL "Startup service account" under security in the
>    Server properties to use "Sqlservice".
> 4) Usually I will login to the server using "administrator" id, which
>    was working fine with the SQL mail as I mentioned in the above
>    settings until suddenly one day it just failed on my scheduled email
>    job with the error message.
> 5) Now either I log in as "sqlservice" or "Administrator", SQL mail
>    does not work but MS Outlook still works fine under the
>    "Sqlservice" login.

> Hope I have provided enough details. Appreciate all the help. Thanks in
> advance to all!

> it appear in my dbforum profile... weird.

> --

SQL MAIL Error: 18030

Post by [MS] Eric Ya » Thu, 01 Aug 2002 12:59:59

Hello,

Please Change the default mail client to Microsoft Outlook and restart the
SQL Server.
For more information refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base
article.
Q223877  OL2000: How to Make Outlook the Default Mail Client

Sincerely,

Eric Yang [MS]
Microsoft Online Support Engineer

Please do not send email directly to this alias.  This is our online
account name for newsgroup participation only.
This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no rights.

1. SQL MAIL Error: 18030

I am tryin to use SQL mail for sending and recieving
messages. I have configured a mail profile which connects
to the remote exchange server using POP3 and SMTP. When i
try to send and recieve mail using outlook 2000 it works
perfectly fine. But when i try to start a mail session
using xp_startmail with the profile it gives me the
following error.

Server: Msg 18030, Level 16, State 1, Line 0
xp_startmail: Either there is no default mail client or
the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging
request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the
default mail client.

But outlook is the only mail client installed on the
machine.

anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx,
Karthik

2. Stored Procedure and Performance

3. SQL mail error 18030

4. Enhancing the performance of an SQL 6.5 DB

5. ERROR 18030

6. Execution time increasing

7. SQL Mail Error (xp_sendmail: failed with mail error 0x80040111)

8. Discovering the owner name of a file

9. SQL Mail test fails with MAPILogonEx error, SQL Mail starts only when Outlook open

10. SQL Mail Error 22030 MAPI error #16389

11. SQL server 7 agent mail / SQL mail setup questions

12. SQL Mail vs SQL Agent Mail

13. SQL Mail (SQL-2000) via Lotus cc:Mail (DB8)