Default domain in SQL Server 7

Post by Manuel Droesle » Wed, 07 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hello All,

how can I set up the default domain for SQL Server 7.0? In 6.5 this was
possible by using the SQL Server Setup program.

Thanks for any hint...

Manuel

1. Default domain in SQL Server 7.0

How can I set up the default domain for SQL Server 7.0? In version 6.5 this
was easy by using the SQL Server setup program.
This feature is essential because in our application a lot of stored procs
and triggers use the current user name and don't work properly with the
domain prefix since we have only a single domain. Is there any other way to
suppress the domain prefix from the user name returned by 'suser_sname()' ?
BTW, why did MS change the procedure name 'suser_name()' to 'suser_sname()'
? Is this what MS called 'backward compatibility' ?

Manuel D. Droesler

2. Remove Duplicate Keys

3. Intermedia strange problem

4. Connect a user of a distinct domains a sql server in other domains

5. getstring problem

6. SQL Server 2000 moving from NT Domain to AD Domain

7. Paradox consultant

8. moving SQL Server from NT4(Domain) to Win2K Box(New Domain)

9. Move SQL 7 server from NT domain to Windows 2000 domain

10. Migrating SQL Server 2000 from a development NT domain to a production domain

11. Move my SQL 7 Server from one domain to a different domain

12. sql mail using Exchange server in a different domain, no trust between both domains