Remote Access for MSSQL 6.5

Post by David Spence » Mon, 11 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I have been working for the last few days attempting to connect via the
internet to our SQL server at the office.  I am having no luck.  I keep
getting various error messages.  I am relatively new to Windows NT and
SQL servers.  Any and all assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Most sincerely,

David Spencer, System Administrator
Ohio Hills.Com

1. Remote data sets and MSSQL 6.5

I am experiencing the following:

I have developed a small application that is SUPPOSED to demonstrate
how easy it is to develop 3 tier database applications in Delphi...
This in mainly in hopes that I can convince the company that I work
for to switch from Power Builder to Delphi.

The application that I have developed works great against Interbase
and local paradox tables, but not against MSSQL server.

Every time a call is placed to TClientDataSet.ApplyUpdates(-1), a
reconciliation error is generated, stating that the edit can not be
performed because another user has edited the record.

Thinking that I made a mistake in my coding, I created the exact
structure that Borland provides with the BCDEMOS database on our MSSQL
box and ran their MIDAS EmpEdit example against it.... same thing.

I am POSITIVE that I am the only user accessing this particular
database and it is not possilbe that the record was externally
updated.

I would call Borland, but I simply can not afford to pay $5.00/min to
talk to someone about it.

Any insight would be greatly appriciated.  Please respond via EMail if
possible as my ISP has a pathetic news feed.

Joshua Jackson

2. OpenRecordSet can not iterates when using on Oracle

3. Administering MSSQL 6.5 using EM from MSSQL 7.0

4. Paradox versus Interbase

5. set mssql 7.0 compatible to mssql 6.5?

6. Problems with compiled forms in ABF

7. import/export MSSQL 6.5 and MSSQL 7.0

8. Question on Rebuilding Indexes

9. Backup in MSSQL 6.5 and restore to MSSQL 7.0

10. Drop table error in MSSQL 6.5 and MSSQL 2000

11. Administerring MsSQL 6.5 using EM from MSSQL 7.0?

12. systypes in mssql compatibility mode for mssql 6.5?

13. upgrade of MSSQL 6.5 to MSSQL 2000