Merge Replication - Error for Snapshot Agent

Merge Replication - Error for Snapshot Agent

Post by Steve Hendrick » Sun, 26 May 2002 03:42:15

I am running the Enterprise Manager wizrds to set up Merge Replication
in a SQL 7.0 environment.  Two oddities have come up that are preventing
success.

1) The wizard is not adding the RowGuid column to each table involved in
a published article.

2) The Snapshot Agent is failing with an error saying that the index
already exists for this table.  The index is for the RowGuid column just
added by the wizard.

We are publishing close to a thousand articles.  Am I running into a
limitation of EM?  Does anyone have a suggestion on how to proceed?

TIA

Steve Hendricks, MCSD

1. SQL Error -- Snapshot Agent in Merge Replication

HI

I have a multiple subscriber to single piblisher internet based replication
(merge).

The initial replication works fine (usually). I have 2 problems:
1. After the initial subscription, the next update destroys data changes
made at the subscriber and re-downloads the schema.

2. After a few (between 5 - 20) replications (from different subscribers) I
get the following error: Can not retrieve file ... bookings.sch from ftp
site. (Subscriber)

The second error is of great concern, as NO subscriber can then retrieve
information and attempting to retrieve agent status causes the Publisher
side error. The Publisher has only 1 publication, and is running SP1.

Regards
Dallas Wright

2. resultSet and Statements

3. Merge Replication Snapshot Agent

4. fuzzy search in Fox

5. Merge Replication - SNAPSHOT agent fails with sa login

6. Only EXE connects

7. Snapshot agent failure in Merge Replication

8. US-OR-Java Developer

9. Merge Replication : Merge Agent fails with Garbled sp name errors

10. snapshot agent error: Another snapshot agent for the publication is running

11. Replication error at the end of the completion of the snapshot agent: ConnectionRead (recv())

12. Snapshot Agent error in Transactional replication

13. Replication error (Snapshot agent won't run)