General MAPI Error

Post by Scott Mino » Sat, 06 Jan 2001 03:04:10

After setting up SQL Mail, I tried to send email from the query
window.  I get the following error when the xp_sendmail stored
procedure runs.

GENERAL MAPI error.

What does this mean?  I have installed Outlook 2000 as I have read
their are problems with some of the MAPI DLL's that came with Windows
NT.

Setup

  WINDOWS NT v4 Enterprise Server.  sp 6a
  MS SQL Server v6.5 sp 5
  Outlook 2000

Anyone with any place I can look please let me know.  Thanks

Scott Minor
Solutions For Tomorrow, Inc.

General MAPI Error

Post by Scott Mino » Sat, 06 Jan 2001 03:04:22

After setting up SQL Mail, I tried to send email from the query
window.  I get the following error when the xp_sendmail stored
procedure runs.

GENERAL MAPI error.

What does this mean?  I have installed Outlook 2000 as I have read
their are problems with some of the MAPI DLL's that came with Windows
NT.

Setup

  WINDOWS NT v4 Enterprise Server.  sp 6a
  MS SQL Server v6.5 sp 5
  Outlook 2000

Anyone with any place I can look please let me know.  Thanks

Scott Minor
Solutions For Tomorrow, Inc.

1. General MAPI Error w/ SQL Mail and NT4.0 Win Messaging

Request advice and direction with General MAPI Failure
error message received in SQL ISQL/w.  I'm trying to use SQL Mail
to send query results to individual users.  I realize I need to
use a Microsoft mail client of one type or another.  SQL 6.5
is running on an NT4.0 server.  We are ** NOT ** using Exchange Server
(unless the answer to my dilemma is that I must!) but only the Windows
Messaging client that comes with NT 4.0.

I feel confident that I've configured Internet Mail in Windows
Messaging appropriately.  However, I continue to get the General MAPI
Failure error when sending a test message from ISQL/w using the following:

Perhaps the answer to getting SQL Mail to connect and talk to Win Msg
is more obvious to some of you.  Please send help!

PS.  Ultimately I need to get the mail out of Win Msg and into
a Notes Mail client.  I realize I'll need to add the Lotus Notes service.
This has apparently been done successfully at this site before.  I don't
anticipate any problems.  Advice is welcome!

Thanks!

Greg Tigan

2. Persist ODBC DSN Password

3. General Mapi Error

4. DB-Lib - Multi - threaded app on Solaris

5. SQL Mail Error ( General MAPI failure )

6. Looking for bugs in Sybase NLMs

7. Error 17902 - General Mapi Failure

8. Plain Text files and ODBC in Windows 95 and 98

9. DTS package gives general MAPI failure with xp_sendmail with attachment

10. General MAPI failure ????

11. xp_sendmail gives General MAPI failure

12. general mapi failure

13. General MAPI failure