Access Err.Number = 35012: an undocumented error?

Access Err.Number = 35012: an undocumented error?

Post by William P Skee » Sat, 06 Jul 2002 23:23:04

Anybody know what this is. The mdb is breaking down over and over, while
simply editing code or compiling. I am wondering if I have hard drive damage
here.

Access Err.Number = 35012: an undocumented error?

Post by Tony Toew » Tue, 09 Jul 2002 12:45:42

Quote:>Anybody know what this is. The mdb is breaking down over and over, while
>simply editing code or compiling.

Can you explain what you mean by "breaking down"?   Any other error
messages?

If this has to do with code I'd suggest decompiling.   For more info
on this topic see the Tips page at my website.  Also try importing
into a new MDB.

<later after installing latest Technet>

See ACC97: ErrMsg: "Unexpected Error 35012" When Opening Database
[Q277925]  at the Knowledge Base at support.microsoft.com.   So yes
you do have a corrupt MDB.

Or ACC2000: "Unexpected Error 35012" When Opening Database [Q277924]

Also see the Corruptions Tips page at my website.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.

Post by XXmody » Fri, 08 Nov 2002 04:01:27

Quote:> Anybody know what this is. The mdb is breaking down over and over, while
> simply editing code or compiling. I am wondering if I have hard drive
damage
> here.

Access Err.Number = 35012: an undocumented error?

Post by Mark Solom » Sat, 09 Nov 2002 04:29:50

There is an exchange over this issue at:

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Databases/MS_Access/Q_20353181.html#1

The error evidently results from a corrupted module (or form or
report). The answer found at that site is to delete one object at a
time (after backing up obviously) until your app will compile. If a
module is at fault, you should still be able to export the code as
text and reimport it.

> > Anybody know what this is. The mdb is breaking down over and over, while
> > simply editing code or compiling. I am wondering if I have hard drive
>  damage
> > here.

1. Native error 44 and error -2147217887 accessing DB via Access

Hello,
I am getting the above error messages when attempting to access SQL
Server 2k (SP2) via Access Office XP version (SP1). I have tried both
ODBC and ADO connect methods but still cannot get a results set.

Using SQL Server E-Manager I can see myself connected to the DB and
even see the query I ran, but the record sets return empty everytime
and then I have these error messages (which I have been unsuccessful
in finding in FAQs docs etc.). Any help would be appreciated. See
below for the latest code version of what I have been trying. It is
very much a 'cookbook' approach I borrowed from MS documentation. The
connection object throws the error and comes up empty, so I haven't
even bothered to set the record set.

TIA,
Pedro

Sub connect_click()
   Dim cn As ADODB.Connection
   Dim rs As ADODB.Recordset

   'Create a new ADO Connection object
   Set cn = New ADODB.Connection

   'Use the Access 10 and SQL Server OLEDB providers to
   'open the Connection
   'You will need to replace MySQLServer with the name
   'of a valid SQL Server
   With cn
      .Provider = "Microsoft.Access.OLEDB.10.0"
      .Properties("Data Provider").Value = "SQLOLEDB"
      .Properties("Data Source").Value = <server name>
      .Properties("User ID").Value = <login id>
      .Properties("Password").Value = <Password>
      .Properties("Initial Catalog").Value = <DB Name>
      .Open
   End With
   cn.Execute ("select * from location")
   Stop
End Sub

2. How to open a memo with the keyboard?

3. Error 22030: AMAPI error (error number: 16389) occured

4. P4W importSpreadSheet()

5. newbie : access denied error number 5

6. US-KY-VISUAL BASIC/ACCESS Developers Needed!

7. Informix memory errors, 'serial' number errors

8. HELP on The Life of a ##Table

9. Error trying to access sqlserver from ms access

10. VB5 Error: Data Error event Hit err: Application or object-defined erro

11. Error Accessing MS-Access using ADO..

12. Pasar consultas a proyectos access / Convert access queries to access projects

13. 614 error on a user database and 806 error on tempdb seen in the error log