SQL Server 7 SP2 Install Problem with Windows 2000 Pro

SQL Server 7 SP2 Install Problem with Windows 2000 Pro

Post by Ben Wakema » Tue, 19 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Enterprise manager is not able to run queries for viewing table data,
or for import/exporting data. When I try to right click on a table and
return all rows, I get the following error:

The query cannot be run because some files are missing or not
registered. Run setup again to make sure the files are registered.

I reinstalled the app and applied SP1 then SP2 and I still get this
error.  Please help!

SQL Server 7 SP2 Install Problem with Windows 2000 Pro

Post by Neil Pik » Wed, 20 Sep 2000 04:00:00

 Try reinstalling MMC

 > Enterprise manager is not able to run queries for viewing table data,

Quote:> or for import/exporting data. When I try to right click on a table and
> return all rows, I get the following error:

> The query cannot be run because some files are missing or not
> registered. Run setup again to make sure the files are registered.

> I reinstalled the app and applied SP1 then SP2 and I still get this
> error.  Please help!

Q.     How can I re-install just the MMC for SQL Server?

A. On the SQL 7 CD, run x86\other\instmmc.exe

===

v1.01 2000.05.15
Applies to SQL Server versions  : 7.0
FAQ Categories                  : Installation and Upgrades
Related FAQ articles            : n/a
Related Microsoft Kb articles   : n/a
Other related information       : n/a
Authors                         : Neil Pike

 Reply here - no email
 SQL FAQ (484 entries) see
 (faqxxx.zip in lib 7)
 or www.sqlserverfaq.com
 or www.mssqlserver.com/faq

SQL Server 7 SP2 Install Problem with Windows 2000 Pro

Post by Ben Wakema » Wed, 20 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Thanks for the response Neil, I appreciate your time. Unfortunately,
after doing as you instructed and rebooting, I still get the same
error when trying to run queries.  Any other thoughts???

Thanks,

Ben

Try reinstalling MMC

.

SQL Server 7 SP2 Install Problem with Windows 2000 Pro

Post by Neil Pik » Wed, 20 Sep 2000 04:00:00

 Ben - in that case you need to run filemon from www.sysinternals.com and see
what file it is complaining about.

 > Thanks for the response Neil, I appreciate your time. Unfortunately,

Quote:> after doing as you instructed and rebooting, I still get the same
> error when trying to run queries.  Any other thoughts???

> Thanks,

> Ben

> Try reinstalling MMC

>  > Enterprise manager is not able to run queries for viewing table data,
> > or for import/exporting data. When I try to right click on a table and
> > return all rows, I get the following error:

> > The query cannot be run because some files are missing or not
> > registered. Run setup again to make sure the files are registered.

> > I reinstalled the app and applied SP1 then SP2 and I still get this
> > error.  Please help!

> Q.     How can I re-install just the MMC for SQL Server?

> A. On the SQL 7 CD, run x86\other\instmmc.exe

> ===

> v1.01 2000.05.15
> Applies to SQL Server versions  : 7.0
> FAQ Categories                  : Installation and Upgrades
> Related FAQ articles            : n/a
> Related Microsoft Kb articles   : n/a
> Other related information       : n/a
> Authors                         : Neil Pike

>  Neil Pike MVP/MCSE.  Protech Computing Ltd
>  Reply here - no email
>  SQL FAQ (484 entries) see
>  http://forumsb.compuserve.com/gvforums/UK/default.asp?SRV=MSDevApps
>  (faqxxx.zip in lib 7)
>  or www.ntfaq.com/Articles/Index.cfm?DepartmentID=800
>  or www.sqlserverfaq.com
>  or www.mssqlserver.com/faq

> ..

 Reply here - no email
 SQL FAQ (484 entries) see
 (faqxxx.zip in lib 7)
 or www.sqlserverfaq.com
 or www.mssqlserver.com/faq

1. Redirection EXE error on Win 2K Pro startup after installing SQL Server 2000 SP2

Hello,

I have Windows 2000 Pro running and just installed SQL Server 2000
Personal Edition, no problem. However, after I installed Service Pack
2, I now get this popup dialog window error on Windows startup:
Redirection EXE Error system cannot find the file specified. I can get
into my SQL Server Enterprise Manager and do what I've gotta do, but
this error is annoying and I'm afriad it could mean some problems down
the road.

Can anyone who has had this problem or who would know what the cause
and solution to this please help? I have searched online for a couple
hours at the MSKB, Google, and so on, and can not find ANYTHING on
this.

Thanks in advance,
Bruce W.
Programmer/Ananlyst

2. Is This A DTS Bug?

3. Windows 2000 Pro / SQL Server 7.0 SP2

4. Archived logs - Secured FTP

5. installing sql server 2000 on windows xp pro

6. Still looking for love in all the wrong places??

7. installing SQL server 2000 on windows xp pro

8. collate problem

9. Installing SQL Server 2000 Dev on Windows XP Pro

10. Installing SQL Server 7 with Windows 2000 Pro

11. Unable to install SQL Server 7 on Windows 2000 Pro

12. Installing Sql Server 2000 - SP2 (Problems)

13. Install SQL Server 2000 SP2 Problem