Memory Leak in SSCE

Post by Ray Simpso » Sun, 27 Jan 2002 07:30:13

Has anybody else noticed a memory leak in SSCE for eVB
when ever you do a query or get a result set no mater how
many times you set the rs = nothing as well as the
connection it seems to suck up your memory about .12 a
transaction?  Is there a work around for this.. or some
way to release the memory that SSCE is so hungry for?

Regards,

Ray Simpson

"I thought you closed the hatch."

Memory Leak in SSCE

Post by Richard Kvis » Wed, 30 Jan 2002 18:33:10

Well there is a known problem with CreateObject in EVB, MS got a fix but you
have to call them to get it. Don't really know why they haven't made it
public.

So the problem isn't the SSCE but EVB in general.

Quote:> Has anybody else noticed a memory leak in SSCE for eVB
> when ever you do a query or get a result set no mater how
> many times you set the rs = nothing as well as the
> connection it seems to suck up your memory about .12 a
> transaction?  Is there a work around for this.. or some
> way to release the memory that SSCE is so hungry for?

> Regards,

> Ray Simpson

> "I thought you closed the hatch."

Memory Leak in SSCE

Post by Trevor Leama » Thu, 31 Jan 2002 22:08:30

Our development team hit this a little while back. There is a free
solution from a company called Odyssey Software who have a control for
managing the creation of other controls.

This works fine in our code and I would certainly recommend using it to
handle the creation of any other control.

Go to:

http://www.odysseysoftware.com/support.html

You are looking for the OSI Utility.

Have fun,

TQ

1. SQL Server seems to leak memory until complete out of memory

I have several applications which run on top of SQL
Server.  These applications use both ODBC and ADO to
execute SQL statements which INSERT, DELETE, and QUERY
data out of the database.  Nothing to Exciting, but it
hits the database a lot (~100 hits per minute).  The
problem I am running into is that SQL seems to grow until
it consumes all the memory on the server machine.  We can
solve this problem by capping the memory that SQL uses.
But need more information as to why this is happening and
what the performance side effects.  Does anyone have a Q
article or something?

Keith

2. GPF -- Why?! Help!!!!!

3. Memory Leak - Running out of Virtual Memory

4. problem with database entry

5. OLE Automation Problems - MEMORY HOG (Memory Leak?)

6. Field types for fabricated recordsets

7. memory leak in vitual memory

8. Oracle Y2K Conversions ?*!@

9. memory leak on vitual memory

10. SSCE on PocketPC 2002 - db size/memory

11. memory leak when processing OLAP cube with DLL

12. sql server 7 memory leak

13. Memory Leak