running access adp program as a background service

running access adp program as a background service

Post by Sean Moor » Thu, 19 Dec 2002 23:01:11

In a Windows NT4 environment we have been executing an adp program to
generate bar codes as a background service.  It employs a bar code program
which creates and pastes bar code images to the clipboard; our VBA code
moves that image from the cli-pboard to a table in a field which is then
moved into an image control in an access report.  It has run successfully
for over a year.  We recently changed environmanet to Windows 2000, and
there are problems.  I we run the reports.adp interactively all is well, but
when we try to run it as a background service it fails to operate.  It
appears that the OS will not permit the reading of the image from the
clipboard as a background operation.  Is this a consequence of changes in
the OS environment?

1. How to make program run Access and SQL?

Hello!

I'm going to start a new project. trying to have my program (now running on
Access) to SQL! I was wondering how I can find out that it's SQL or Access?
Could I use the ODBC driver to find that out for me? Has anyone done this
before?

Please help me getting started on this project!

--

Lars T Gr?tteland
BAS Engineering

2. Memo in DBGrid

3. An access 95 program doesn't work on access 2000

4. Course recommendations

5. JDBC Beta Program for multi database data access ( CONNX Access all your enterprise data using JDBC)

6. HAIR LOSS?....MINOXIDIL USERS?

7. Enterprise Manager downloadable?

8. Pasar consultas a proyectos access / Convert access queries to access projects

9. Running programs from anothers

10. Can you run NT service as dll?

11. NT service fails - foreground works fine / ADO db access

12. SQL Service Manager - Error 5 (Access is denied)