Error in Executing DTS package with stored procedure

Error in Executing DTS package with stored procedure

Post by David Klas » Tue, 14 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I have been using this same stored procedure to execute DTS packages with
one machine. (MSSQL 7 with service pack1) I have migrated everything to
another machine where the DTS package was remade and runs fine alone.but
when called by the stored procedure gives the error message below.
Everything else seems the same to me on the two machines except the name of
the server.  Does anyone have a sense of what gives?  Thanks.  David Klass

AS

/******************************
**  Name:  sp_Run_DTS
**  Desc:  Run a DTS Package
**
**  Parameters: DTS name
**
**
**  Auth:  XXXXXX
**  Date:  XX/XX/XX
******************************
**  Change History
******************************
**  Date:
**  Author:
******************************/

        --S is the server name
        --E is Trusted connection or you can use
        --P password and
        --U username
        --N is the name of the DTS

*****************************
sp_Run_DTS  'DTS__DrugLoader' --trying to run the command
****************************
output
---------------------------
DTSRun:  Loading...
Error:  -2147008507 (80074005); Provider Error:  0 (0)
   Error string:  Unspecified error
   Error source:  Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS) Package
   Help file:  sqldts.hlp
   Help context:  713

Error:  -2147467259 (80004005); Provider Error:  52 (34)
   Error string:  Client unable to establish connection
   Error source:  Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server
   Help file:

   Help context:  0

Error:  -2147467259 (80004005); Provider Error:  52 (34)

   Error string:  [DBNMPNTW]ConnectionOpen (CreateFile()).

   Error source:  Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server

   Help file:

   Help context:  0

1. Error executing a DTS package from another DTS package

I'm trying to execute one package from another using the following ActiveX
script code:

Function Main()

Dim oPkq

Set oPkq = CreateObject("DTS.Package")

oPkq.LoadFromSQLServer "Server","myuser","mypass",,,,,"Old HBdb to New HBdb
for 4 Tables"

'oPkg.GlobalVariables("DatabaseName").Value = "mssdet"

MsgBox oPkg.Name

oPkg.Execute

Set oPkg = Nothing

Main = DTSTaskExecResult_Success

End Function

I get an error at line (MsgBox oPkg.Name) on SQL 2000:

VBS Runtime Error 0

Object required 'oPkg'

Any ideas on what is wrong?

Thanks!

2. How to copy a table from one mdb to another?

3. Executing a DTS package from within a stored procedure

4. SQL Server Data Archive

5. execute DTS package from Stored Procedure

6. Microsoft Access & Visual Basic

7. executing a DTS Package trhu a Stored Procedure

8. Executing a DTS package within a stored Procedure

9. Execute a DTS package from stored procedure

10. Newbie...Can a Stored Procedure Execute DTS package?

11. Using Stored Procedure to execute DTS package from ASP page

12. EXECUTING DTS PACKAGE FROM A STORED PROCEDURE