Maximum number of tables/joins in query

Post by Nash Hoogawte » Wed, 28 Jan 2004 11:51:08

Hi all,

What are the limitations for the number of joins or tables in a SELECT query
in SQL Server 7 and 2000.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Nash Hoogwater

Maximum number of tables/joins in query

Post by Hari » Wed, 28 Jan 2004 12:10:42

Hi,

Tables per select statement : 256
Columns per select statment: 4096

Thanks
Hari
MCDBA

Quote:> Hi all,

> What are the limitations for the number of joins or tables in a SELECT
query
> in SQL Server 7 and 2000.

> Thanks in advance.

> Cheers,

> Nash Hoogwater

Maximum number of tables/joins in query

Post by Steve Beac » Wed, 28 Jan 2004 12:38:02

See "maximum capacity specifications" in BOL.

Quote:> Hi all,

> What are the limitations for the number of joins or tables in a SELECT
query
> in SQL Server 7 and 2000.

> Thanks in advance.

> Cheers,

> Nash Hoogwater

1. Maximum number of table joins ....

Michael , thanks for your response and recommendations.

I thought of temp tables also . But isn't temp table will be dropped from
the DB when the session ends ???  So , does that mean the temp table need
to be recreated everytime when large number of tables are joined together
??

It is a query with 9 tables join together . And that query is being
accessed frequently.  Among those tables , two of them are fairly big , 20
MB and 7 MB , rests are small , only a few K .

thanks

Jane

2. backoffice 4.5 developer editon

3. Maximum number of table joins again

4. VB6 enquiry , pls help.

5. maximum number of table joins

6. OpenRoad and Oracle

7. A query to get the user table which has maximum number of records

8. Fast Deletion For Large Tables

9. System Error 4414 (Exceeded maximum number of tables in a query)

10. Increasing the maximum number of tables allowed in a query

11. Maximum number of tables in a query (16) exceeded