install SQL 2000 SP3 on Windows XP SP1a

Post by quan » Mon, 21 Apr 2003 04:15:14

I tried several time to install SQL 2000 SP3 on Windows XP SP1a.
However, there was the error message "Error running script:
replsys.sql(1)" for the first time. Second time, it hung in the step
"validate sa password".

Please help me.

Quang.

install SQL 2000 SP3 on Windows XP SP1a

Post by Steve Thompso » Wed, 23 Apr 2003 00:23:23

Quote:

> I tried several time to install SQL 2000 SP3 on Windows XP SP1a.
> However, there was the error message "Error running script:
> replsys.sql(1)" for the first time. Second time, it hung in the step
> "validate sa password".

Is it possible that you chose SQL Server Authentication instead of Windows
authentication mode?

Steve

install SQL 2000 SP3 on Windows XP SP1a

Post by quan » Mon, 05 May 2003 00:55:34

Can we choose Windows authentication mode in install SP3?

1. Install SQL 2000 SP3 or Windows 2000 SP3 first

Hi All,

Has anyone installed SQL 2000 Service Pack 3 on a Datacenter
installation with Service Pack 2? Wondering if anyone has encountered
any issues with this combination. Apparently SQL SP3 was developed on
a Windows SP3 platform so is it preferrable to install Windows SP3
first, then SQL SP3? Any ideas?

Thanks,
Yuhaw

2. Programer Wanted

3. Problems to Install SQL 2000 Enterprise on Windows 2000 SP3

4. TEMP tables and CURSORS

5. Install Windows 2000 after windows xp

6. The MVP Program Has Been Cancelled

7. cannot install SQL Server 2000 on Windows XP home edition

8. Your opinion wanted for speed

9. Install SQL 2000 on windows XP

10. Cannot install Personal or Trial SQL 2000 on Windows XP Prof

11. installing sql server 2000 on windows xp pro

12. installing SQL server 2000 on windows xp pro

13. installing ms sql 2000 server in windows XP home edition