1. SQL Server Raising Events To Visual Basic Clients
I have a simple problem and would like to know the best, simplest
I have numerous VB 6.0 client applications accessing a SQL Server
The database contains typical Accounts Recievables data, such as
Invoices, Credits, Payments, etc.
Every time an invoice is created and saved (by any of the various
users of the system), I would like all of the client applications (and
hence, users) to be NOTIFIED somehow of this new invoice. Also, I
would like the server to spit back to each client the "Total Sales For
BOTTOM LINE: I want the total sales to be spit back to each client in
[approximately] REAL TIME as the sales are being made!
What's the best way to do this?
One very simple way I can think of is stick a timer somewhere on my
main VB form and have it query the database, say, every 10 seconds to
check for updated data. However, this does not strike me as very
elegant or efficient, and seems like it would be very resource
Can SQL Server fire some sort of an event that is broadcasted (and,
can be intercepted) by all client connections?
Eagerly awaited your response.
2. ODBC Poblem with ASP
3. Three event logged in the event view About SQLAgent whenever clear the event logs or failover
4. Full Recovery Mode
5. Which SQL-DMO Objects Raise Events?
6. Parallel Recovery
7. SQL Server DMO Backup Object Events Not Firing Correctly with Visual Basic .NET
8. Help on Using INGRES sql.....
9. Handling database events (or trigger) outside server
10. Events Handling using Oracle Web Application Server
11. DTS-Object doesn't raise OnProgress-event
12. Raising table action events
13. How to raise an event from a trigger?