Can't update an ADO Disconnected recordset

Can't update an ADO Disconnected recordset

Post by Anthony B » Mon, 26 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I have a ASP component creates a ADO disconnected recordset locally
fo internal use but does not update the SQL server. The code works in SQL6.5
but when i point it to SQL7.0 I get an "Errors occured" message and the
source
is from the "Microsoft Cursor Engine". Using ADO2.1, SQL 7.0 spk 2

1. Why won't disconnected Recordset Update??

A disconnected recordsets used to edit customer invoices
has stopped updating.

some code is...

        dim   cnn as adodb.connection
        dim   rs as adodb.recordset
        dim   pProviderName as string

        pProviderName = "Provider=Microsoft.jet.OLEDB.4.0;data source ="

        cnn.CursorLocation = adUseClient
        cnn.ConnectionString = pProviderName & myDBlocation & myMDBname

        rs.open <mySQL stmt>, cnn, adOpenKeyset, adLockBatchOptimistic,
adCmdText
        set rs.ActiveConnection = Nothing

There is a lot of code over several forms and finally
at the end of the editing session ....

        rs.update
        rs.activeconnection = cnn
        rs.updatebatch
        rs.close

It all runs without errors.  Checking a sample recordset field shows changes
but the changes are not written to the database table upon the batch update.

Any Ideas where I should look?

Many Thanks

Tony

2. D3/NT Version 266

3. Disconnected ADO Recordset-Updating

4. MSDE installation problem involving "APPCOMPAT"

5. ADO Update the Database with the modify done on a disconnected recordset in background mode

6. Could I use @table as UPDATE query's table name ?

7. Can I update a disconnected recordset in ADO

8. R91 Bad Descriptor Error

9. Urgent: Update Oracle disconnected recordset using ADO 2.6 and VB6

10. Update on disconnected ADO Recordset

11. Sybase and updating ADO disconnected recordset

12. updating virtual fields in an ADO disconnected recordset

13. Update on disconnected ADO Recordset