'(dbo)' appended to exported objects

Post by Simo » Tue, 19 Feb 2002 08:44:04

Hi guys,

I have an intranet site using SQL 7 and Interdev 6.  I
assigned a number of Views and Stored Procedures to an NT
workgroup.

However, by the time the objects are shown in Interdev,
they have had '(dbo)' appended, effectively changing their
name.

It is a problem if the name is changing, so I need any
suggestions I can get as to what may be causing this.

Many thanks,
Simon.

'(dbo)' appended to exported objects

Post by BP Margoli » Tue, 19 Feb 2002 09:47:23

Simon,

Please don't post the same question independently to multiple newsgroups.

Please see my reply in .odbc.

BP Margolin
Please reply only to the newsgroups.

Quote:> Hi guys,

> I have an intranet site using SQL 7 and Interdev 6.  I
> assigned a number of Views and Stored Procedures to an NT
> workgroup.

> However, by the time the objects are shown in Interdev,
> they have had '(dbo)' appended, effectively changing their
> name.

> It is a problem if the name is changing, so I need any
> suggestions I can get as to what may be causing this.

> Many thanks,
> Simon.

1. '(dbo)' appended to SQL object names

Hi guys,

I have an intranet site using SQL 7 and Interdev 6.  I
assigned a number of Views and Stored Procedures to an NT
workgroup.

However, by the time the objects are shown in Interdev,
they have had '(dbo)' appended, effectively changing their
name.

It is a problem if the name is changing, so I need any
suggestions I can get as to what may be causing this.

Many thanks,
Simon.

2. newbie question

3. '(dbo)' appending problem

4. MESSAGEBOX() source code needed...

5. Object owner dbo (without 'sa')?

6. Wanted: Paradox 4.5 Programmer

7. EXECUTE permission denied on object 'sp_sdidebug', database 'master', owner 'dbo' [from ASP.NET]

8. OH - Dayton - Oracle Programmer (intermediate level)

9. maintenance.exe error: SELECT permission denied on object 'sysdbmaintplans', database 'msdb', owner 'dbo'.

10. List non-dbo object owner's

11. Dbase III+ 'append blank'

12. Problem with UTL_FILE.FOPEN 'append' option