Transformation of datas from Access to SQL7?

Transformation of datas from Access to SQL7?

Post by Gabe » Wed, 03 May 2000 04:00:00

Dear friends,

I need to import all tables with constrainsts from Ms Access97 to Ms SQL7.
It have to be not simple copy (one to one) but copy with changing the
structure of tables and the relationship beetwen the tables. As I know the
DTS of Microsoft SQL7 has not of that service.

May be anybody know how to pump the datas from Ms Access to Ms SQL7 with the
transformation of structure of datas. May be the smart readymade components
of Delphi (or VB) have already existed for that case or something like it?

I will be very gratefull to you for your answer.

With respect, Yevhen

Transformation of datas from Access to SQL7?

Post by Bob Duff » Wed, 03 May 2000 04:00:00

The best procedure for this is.

a) Convert Access 97 database to Access 2000 database
b) Use the Access 2000 Upsizing wizard to convert to SQL Server 7.0.

This will create all the Access relationships as triggers, ans also copy all
the constraints, default values, indexes, etc.

You still need to fine tune as Access doesnt support clustered indexes, and
you may want to modify the App to use pass-through queries where
appropriate.

Regards,

Bob
Prodata

>Dear friends,

>I need to import all tables with constrainsts from Ms Access97 to Ms SQL7.
>It have to be not simple copy (one to one) but copy with changing the
>structure of tables and the relationship beetwen the tables. As I know the
>DTS of Microsoft SQL7 has not of that service.

>May be anybody know how to pump the datas from Ms Access to Ms SQL7 with
the
>transformation of structure of datas. May be the smart readymade components
>of Delphi (or VB) have already existed for that case or something like it?

>I will be very gratefull to you for your answer.

>With respect, Yevhen

1. Transformation of datas from Access to SQL7?

Dear friends,

I need to import all tables with constrainsts from Ms Access97 to Ms SQL7.
It have to be not simple copy (one to one) but copy with changing the
structure of tables and the relationship beetwen the tables. As I know the
DTS of Microsoft SQL7 has not of that service.

May be anybody know how to pump the datas from Ms Access to Ms SQL7 with the
transformation of structure of datas. May be the smart readymade components
of Delphi (or VB) have already existed for that case or something like it?

I will be very gratefull to you for your answer.

With respect, Yevhen

2. odbc cache

3. Btrieve -> Oracle

4. Data Transformation Services SQL7.0 ODBC to Access

5. Automated Newsgroup Posting Services

6. Import datas from access into Ms sql server 2000

7. SQL or Sybase DBAs Needed.

8. problem to insert datas into ms access linked tables

9. Accessing remote datas with RDS

10. OPEN ACCESS DATAs converting to ASCII

11. Q: Can not modify Datas in Access Table anymore

12. Import datas from SQL to Access ....