Error with Rowset type global variables.

Error with Rowset type global variables.

Post by Rahu » Thu, 20 Dec 2001 19:25:07

Hii

I am following steps given in Books On Line for storing
the rowset in global variables.
topic:How to save an entire rowset into a global variable
(Enterprise Manager)

But when i try to save the package i get an error msg.
"Type Mismatch"

Has any one tried to store rowset in global variable and
retrieve it in Activex script task with success ...

Thanx

Error with Rowset type global variables.

Post by Darren Gree » Fri, 21 Dec 2001 02:13:03

http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?hl=en&frame=right&th=408b0ec9507fd1...
m=%23DJ8Y%2359AHA.2040%40tkmsftngp03#link2

--
Darren Green (SQL Server MVP)
http://www.sqldts.com

Quote:> Hii

Post by TO » Fri, 21 Dec 2001 05:01:58

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?

hl=en&frame=right&th=408b0ec9507fd18b&seek
>m=%23DJ8Y%2359AHA.2040%40tkmsftngp03#link2

>--
>Darren Green (SQL Server MVP)
>http://www.sqldts.com

>> Hii

>> I am following steps given in Books On Line for storing
>> the rowset in global variables.
>> topic:How to save an entire rowset into a global
variable
>> (Enterprise Manager)

>> But when i try to save the package i get an error msg.
>> "Type Mismatch"

>> Has any one tried to store rowset in global variable and
>> retrieve it in Activex script task with success ...

>> Thanx

>.

Error with Rowset type global variables.

Post by Darren Gree » Fri, 21 Dec 2001 08:07:35

The link works fine for me, from two different machines and different
newsreaders. Granted most newsreaders don't allow for the line wrap in
the link so you have to do a bit of copy and paste, but I had hoped that
was obvious.

Here the relevant part of the posting-

Message 2 in thread

Subject: Re: DTS rowset global variable
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.dts
View this article only
Date: 2001-06-17 19:40:59 PST

That is a known problem in the Designer, use String data type, do not
assign
a value in the designer. Since it is a VARIANT under the covers anyhow,
it
will get transformed during the assignment of the recordset to the
variable
into the right VARIANT type.
-GertD

Quote:> I'm trying to create a rowset global variable in a SQL Server 2000 DTS
> package, following the guidelines in the "Execute SQL Task" topic in
Books
> Online. When I use the pubs database, it works just fine, but when I
attempt
> to do the equivalent with a table in a different database, I get a
"type
> mismatch error" when I attempt to save the package. I believe I've
reduced
> this to a minimal test case; I have a package that executes the select
> statement I want, against the correct database, and I can save that.
When I

--
Darren Green (SQL Server MVP)
DTS - http://www.sqldts.com

1. error saving DTS pkg w/ rowset global variable

I have a package with a rowset global variable that is
being populated by an sql task and then the global
variable is used in an activex script.  When I try to save
the package I get the error:

 "Error Source: ADODB.Recordset, Error Description:
Operation is not allowed when the object is closed."

In the script I close and set to nothing the recordset
just like you would in a web page.  What am i missing?

Best regards,

eric

2. Removing unwanted strings

3. Save Data from Oracle and SQL Server as ROWSET Global Variable

4. Multiple Cross-Referencing (Many Many-Many) (Long)

5. Rowset global variable in DTS package

6. sp_processmail doesn't work - anybody know why?

7. frame help

8. DTS rowset global variable

9. DTS VB custom task reading a global variable and modifying a global variable

10. Data type of global variable?

11. I can't create a global Variable of type Other