help - the cache hit ratio is constantly 0.0

help - the cache hit ratio is constantly 0.0

Post by Thur » Thu, 07 Nov 2002 12:55:18

Hello,

My sql 2000 server has 0.0% for the cache hit ratio.  Are there any
solutions for this?  Any advice will be appreciated.  Thanks in
advance.

The value for the cache hit ratio is constantly displayed 0.0 from the
"dbcc sqlperf(lrustats)" command.  I am running sql 2000 standard
edition SP2 on Windows 2000 SP3.

Initially, the max server memory is configured as 1026 and min memory
per query (KB) is 51,200.  I have changed the values larger and the
configured values changed dynamically without bounce the database
instance.  However, the cache ratio value remains 0.0, even after
repeating the same query with several conditions in the where
statement.

Thura

help - the cache hit ratio is constantly 0.0

Post by Adi Coh » Thu, 07 Nov 2002 17:37:03

  Most chances that you are getting wrong results and that the SQL Server's
cache hit ratio is not really 0.0%.  I seem to remember once getting such
results in another way.  Turned out that there were few performance monitor
counters that were missing.  After recreating those performance monitors I
started to get normal results.  Check your performance monitor to see if you
have cache hit ratio counter.  If you don't then maybe this is why you are
getting those results

Adi

Quote:> Hello,

> My sql 2000 server has 0.0% for the cache hit ratio.  Are there any
> solutions for this?  Any advice will be appreciated.  Thanks in
> advance.

> The value for the cache hit ratio is constantly displayed 0.0 from the
> "dbcc sqlperf(lrustats)" command.  I am running sql 2000 standard
> edition SP2 on Windows 2000 SP3.

> Initially, the max server memory is configured as 1026 and min memory
> per query (KB) is 51,200.  I have changed the values larger and the
> configured values changed dynamically without bounce the database
> instance.  However, the cache ratio value remains 0.0, even after
> repeating the same query with several conditions in the where
> statement.

> Thura

help - the cache hit ratio is constantly 0.0

Post by Richard Din » Fri, 08 Nov 2002 04:14:18

I would open perfmon and see the actual graph on Buffer Manager/Buffer Cache
Hit Ratio at a scale of 1.000. If you see the line bottom out, that is
really a big concern.

Richard

Quote:> Hello,

Post by BlueCo » Sat, 09 Nov 2002 05:24:24

> Hello,

> My sql 2000 server has 0.0% for the cache hit ratio.  Are there any
> solutions for this?  Any advice will be appreciated.  Thanks in
> advance.

> The value for the cache hit ratio is constantly displayed 0.0 from the
> "dbcc sqlperf(lrustats)" command.  I am running sql 2000 standard
> edition SP2 on Windows 2000 SP3.

> Initially, the max server memory is configured as 1026 and min memory
> per query (KB) is 51,200.  I have changed the values larger and the
> configured values changed dynamically without bounce the database
> instance.  However, the cache ratio value remains 0.0, even after
> repeating the same query with several conditions in the where
> statement.

> Thura

It is possible that this performance counter has been disabled.  See
ms knowledge base article Q248993 "PRB: Performance Object Is Not
Displayed in Performance Monitor"

1. help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,

Hi,
I have a small problem, and if you know the answer I would really be
thankful for your help.
I have an access database which is called "Client.mdb"
on a form, I displayed a dbcombox for the costumer's name
a textbox for the address
a textbox for the city
a textbox for the state
and a textbox for the zipcode

on all my textboxes and the dbcombobox I have set their Datasource and
Datafield properties to Data1,
when I run the program the information on the first record of the data shows
on the form,

but what I need to do is, when I change the costumer's name on the
dbcombobox (which displays all of the costumer's names on it) I want the
textboxes to show the address, city, state, and zipcode of the costumer I
have choosen,

Thank you in advance,
Enrique G Lugo

2. Releasing DAO (COM) objects.

3. Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,

4. Inserting a null date

5. Cache hit vs. Buffer cache hit

6. ORA-01012: not logged on

7. SQL To ORACLE Help Help Help Help Help

8. US-CA-San Diego-$100k+ Tech Proj Mgr

9. query:HELP! HELP HELP HELP HELP

10. HELP HELP HELP HELP

11. HELP HELP HELP HELP!

12. data block cache algorithm and cache hit or not

13. Do you know why? : context hit/ cache hit