SQL CONNECTION PROBLEMS

Post by Charles MacLea » Thu, 04 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Hello,
 I've got a couple of problems with a C++    application using ODBC trusted
connections.  It seems I can only connect users who have Domain
Administrator privileges.  Where are using MFC CRecordset and CDatebase
classes for all database access.

Also I seem to have an excessive number of open objects (>4000).  SQL Server
keeps telling me to use sp_configure to change settings but never tells me
which ones. I also seem to get another message about trying to free up
descriptorsa at the same time.  I'm just running 12 users on one application
that has at most 30 tables.  Anybody know how to fix the these two problems?

Thanks
G. Charles MacLean

SQL CONNECTION PROBLEMS

Post by huh » Thu, 04 Jun 1998 04:00:00

1) Have you already map your NT users to SQL users (SQL Security Manager)?

2) You can change it by
        exec sp_configure 'open objects', <new value>
     or in SQL Enterprise Manager Server| SQL Server| Configure|
Configuration.
    See Q114843 Knowledge Base, SQL Server for more information.

>Hello,
> I've got a couple of problems with a C++    application using ODBC trusted
>connections.  It seems I can only connect users who have Domain
>Administrator privileges.  Where are using MFC CRecordset and CDatebase
>classes for all database access.

>Also I seem to have an excessive number of open objects (>4000).  SQL
Server
>keeps telling me to use sp_configure to change settings but never tells me
>which ones. I also seem to get another message about trying to free up
>descriptorsa at the same time.  I'm just running 12 users on one
application
>that has at most 30 tables.  Anybody know how to fix the these two
problems?

>Thanks
>G. Charles MacLean

SQL CONNECTION PROBLEMS

Post by Asho » Tue, 09 Jun 1998 04:00:00

I have the same type of connection problems. If the user is domain admin,
then the connection is fine otherwise Sqlserver gives 19450/19850 error with
SQL State 8140.

Please let me know if you found a fix / workaround.

The open objects problem can be fixed through the 'open objects' option in
the configutaion section of the server configuration tab in SQL Enterprise
manager. Or you can run sp_configure from ISQL.

1. MS-SQL connection problem

I have MS-SQL server 5.x and have been using it on and off for the
past few weeks, but all of a sudden we are having a problem connecting
to the MSSQLserver.  we have search the WWW for help and have come up
with nothing usefull - we have followed all the FAQ files and nothing
seems to work.  We can't afford to waste time uninstalling and
re-installing MS-SQL. we have ran the SQL service manager and have
stopped all services and managed to restart all of them apart from the
MSSQLServer section.

Could some one please help me as we are in a rut

Chris

2. Ask for a column with just its number

3. sql connection problems

4. MSSQL Web Interface

5. sql connection problem

6. Code Errors - Scripts for import them !!!

7. SQL connection problem with XP

8. Replication Connectivity problem

9. SP2 - IIS & SQL Connection problem

10. SQL connection problem under NT.