Error message "Cursor is not open"

Post by Ron VanZante » Wed, 23 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I have been using Erwin to  design the database schema for our
datawarehouse. When I upgraded to Erwin to the latest version I received the
error "cursor is not open"  when connecting to SQL server version 7.0
service pack 1.
Now I have another application and I am getting the same error:

msgno=16917, state=2, severity=16
message: "cursor is not open"

Can anybody help me figure out what this means? The second application that
I am talking about is Seagate backupexec. We have a new version that is
suppose to be sql7 compatible.

Thank you in advance for any help at all!

Ron Van Zanten

1. Web error message "database not open"

I'm running filemaker pro unlimited in the following configuration to
host a database of registered student organizations at SUNY Oswego.

Mactintosh G3
? FileMaker Pro Unlimited (v 5.0)
? StudentOrganizations database
? Web Companion installed and enabled

Apple G4 Server
? AppleShare IP (v 6.3)
? Web Server Connector

Approximately every 2-3 days the database goes "offline" and is not
available via the Web even though the database is "open" on the host
machine and accessible via FileMaker clients over TCP/IP.

Can anyone offer a way to remedy this situation?

Rich Hughes

2. tar for NT

3. "Cursor Not Open" error

4. Server Error 0: Timeout Expired

5. Getting "The cursor is already open"-error

6. Database Performance in asp pages

7. Error Message "Not Enough Memory"

8. CO, CA, AZ, NV, NM-APPLICATIONS DBA

9. Error message "Not Enough Memory"

10. Error "The cursor was not declared"

11. SPB "Driver not capable" error message

12. "file".spr is not an object file error message