Installing SQL2K in Windows Server 2003 (Web Edition)

Installing SQL2K in Windows Server 2003 (Web Edition)

Post by Geral » Thu, 29 May 2003 00:52:14

I's like to install SQL2K on Windows 2003 web edition. But
eventually when I run SQL2K, just when I click on install
database, it just not running.

Thanks a lot for any advice!

Installing SQL2K in Windows Server 2003 (Web Edition)

Post by Dinesh.T. » Thu, 29 May 2003 01:17:55

Gerald,

Whats the SQL2K edition?The only version of SQL Server allowed on Win03 Web
edition is MSDE2000 SP3(a)

--
Dinesh.
SQL Server FAQ at

Quote:> I's like to install SQL2K on Windows 2003 web edition. But
> eventually when I run SQL2K, just when I click on install
> database, it just not running.

> Thanks a lot for any advice!

Installing SQL2K in Windows Server 2003 (Web Edition)

Post by Gerald Kon » Thu, 29 May 2003 14:29:49

Hi Dinesh,
It is SQL2K developer edition 64 bit. Since only MSDE2000 can run on
win03(we). Can I upgrade Win03(we) to Win03 (ee)?

Installing SQL2K in Windows Server 2003 (Web Edition)

Post by John Bel » Thu, 29 May 2003 17:54:22

Hi

Windows 2003 does not support SQL Server.

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/evaluation/sysreqs/2000/default.asp

John

Quote:> I's like to install SQL2K on Windows 2003 web edition. But
> eventually when I run SQL2K, just when I click on install
> database, it just not running.

> Thanks a lot for any advice!

Installing SQL2K in Windows Server 2003 (Web Edition)

Post by Bob Nonneman » Thu, 29 May 2003 22:32:03

The link indicates that you can install SQL 2K on Windows
2003, but that SP3 must be applied.  Which, at least in my
limited experience is misleading -- when I try and install
SQL 2K I get a message box indicating that SP2 and under
cannot be installed -- so I never get a chance to apply
SP3.  So the question becomes, at least for me, is there a
version of SQL 2K posted on MSDN is already at SP3 (or
only the MSDE version)?  Or am I missing something?
I am trying to install on Win 2003 Standard Edition.
Thanks for any insights.

Bob

Post by Dinesh.T. » Thu, 29 May 2003 23:04:36

Bob,

Quote:>>>>when I try and install
> SQL 2K I get a message box indicating that SP2 and under
> cannot be installed -- so I never get a chance to apply
> SP3.

Thats just a reminder and thus normal.You just press 'continue' and should
be able to finish the setup.

--
Dinesh.
SQL Server FAQ at

> The link indicates that you can install SQL 2K on Windows
> 2003, but that SP3 must be applied.  Which, at least in my
> limited experience is misleading -- when I try and install
> SQL 2K I get a message box indicating that SP2 and under
> cannot be installed -- so I never get a chance to apply
> SP3.  So the question becomes, at least for me, is there a
> version of SQL 2K posted on MSDN is already at SP3 (or
> only the MSDE version)?  Or am I missing something?
> I am trying to install on Win 2003 Standard Edition.
> Thanks for any insights.

> Bob

Post by Dinesh.T. » Thu, 29 May 2003 23:11:22

Gerald,

See http://microsoft.com/sql/64bit/productinfo/sysreq.asp

--
Dinesh.
SQL Server FAQ at

Quote:

> Hi Dinesh,
> It is SQL2K developer edition 64 bit. Since only MSDE2000 can run on
> win03(we). Can I upgrade Win03(we) to Win03 (ee)?

Installing SQL2K in Windows Server 2003 (Web Edition)

Post by John Bel » Fri, 30 May 2003 00:29:46

Hi

Quite a few people have asked this question in the news groups because the
wording is not very good.

As Dinesh states it's ok if you continue then immediately apply SP3.

At a guess SP3 is the only one that is officially supported, although other
versions may have been tested!

I don't know of a release that has SP3 incorporated, although as it has been
out a while there may be one available.

John

> The link indicates that you can install SQL 2K on Windows
> 2003, but that SP3 must be applied.  Which, at least in my
> limited experience is misleading -- when I try and install
> SQL 2K I get a message box indicating that SP2 and under
> cannot be installed -- so I never get a chance to apply
> SP3.  So the question becomes, at least for me, is there a
> version of SQL 2K posted on MSDN is already at SP3 (or
> only the MSDE version)?  Or am I missing something?
> I am trying to install on Win 2003 Standard Edition.
> Thanks for any insights.

> Bob

1. Install SQL Server 2000 on Windows Server 2003 WEb Edition

Hi,
I am a web developer and i have been given the task to
test the new Windows Server 2003 RC2 Web Edition to be
used within out corporation. One of tests is to use SQL
server on that platform.
My question is: Can that be done?
I have tried to install every version of SQL server 2000,
but the installation wizard fails to start up. Are there
any way to solve this?

Thanks for any replies.

/Roger

2. multiple printers

3. Installing MS SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2003 Web Edition RTM

4. Reading flat files(DAT Files) from Foxpro Program

5. Can I install SQL 2000 on Windows 2003 Web edition

6. change passwd user from db2

7. SQL2K wont install on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise

8. vb30 port to vb40 SystemDB registry jet etc.

9. Problems installing SQL Server 2000 on Win 2003 (Web Edition)

10. SQL/MSDE admin on Windows 2003 Server - Web edition

11. sql server 2000 and windows 2003 web edition

12. JDBC connection to MSDE on Windows Server 2003 Web Edition - PROBLEM

13. Windows Server 2003, Web Edition