Need equivalent MS SQL command for MySQL's "limit" command URGENT!!

Need equivalent MS SQL command for MySQL's "limit" command URGENT!!

Post by Toby » Sun, 22 Sep 2002 14:04:23

I am building a website that displays next and previous buttons for a set
amount of records displayed at a time.  MySQL uses a "limit" clause to allow
an offset start point in a result set and a length of records in the set to
display.  Does MS SQL (7.0) have an equivalent command?  Thanks for your
help.

Need equivalent MS SQL command for MySQL's "limit" command URGENT!!

Post by Kresimir Radosevi » Sun, 22 Sep 2002 15:23:41

No, there is no equivalent. You have to write your own logic around that.
This is a common question, search this newsgroup and you'll find many
discussions on that topic.

Regards
    Kresimir Radosevic

Quote:> I am building a website that displays next and previous buttons for a set
> amount of records displayed at a time.  MySQL uses a "limit" clause to
allow
> an offset start point in a result set and a length of records in the set
> display.  Does MS SQL (7.0) have an equivalent command?  Thanks for your
> help.

1. Looking for equivalent MS SQL for MySQL ...... Command

I am looking for a mssql equivalent to the following mysql

Execute("INSERT INTO $dbtables[scheduler] VALUES('', 'Y', 0,
$sched_turns, 0, 'sched_turns.php', '',unix_timestamp(now()))");

The problem is that I am unable to locate an equivalent to the
unix_timestamp(now())

Can anyone help me?

2. About List of Users in Windows NT 4.0

3. "Source" command in MySQL

4. Keyword/column name problem

5. Can't Export--"unknown command..."

6. Can't query WHERE column = null

7. MSsql's alternative for MySQL's LIMIT command

8. Informix Table Logging

9. Need a "clear screen" command

10. "cron" command with sql

11. "COMMENT" sql command