Can U install SQL Server 7.0 enterprise edition on a windows 2000 Professional machine

Can U install SQL Server 7.0 enterprise edition on a windows 2000 Professional machine

Post by K » Thu, 06 Apr 2000 04:00:00



I recently tried to install SQL Server 7.0 on a windows 2000
Professional machine and it told me that I could only install the
client components.  The weird thing was that it said that It pooped up
a message saying that I couldn't install SQL Server enterprise edition
on  a machine with NT workstation!!!!  I don't know why it says NT
workstation because it is running windows 2000 professional...

Any ideas????

 
 
 

Can U install SQL Server 7.0 enterprise edition on a windows 2000 Professional machine

Post by skuba.. » Thu, 06 Apr 2000 04:00:00


SQL Enterprise must be installed on NT Enterprise or Win2K Advanced
Server.



Quote:> I recently tried to install SQL Server 7.0 on a windows 2000
> Professional machine and it told me that I could only install the
> client components.  The weird thing was that it said that It pooped up
> a message saying that I couldn't install SQL Server enterprise edition
> on  a machine with NT workstation!!!!  I don't know why it says NT
> workstation because it is running windows 2000 professional...

> Any ideas????

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

 
 
 

Can U install SQL Server 7.0 enterprise edition on a windows 2000 Professional machine

Post by Lou Habla » Thu, 06 Apr 2000 04:00:00


Just to clarify further, W2K Professionsl is to Windows NT Workstation as
W2K Server is to Windows NT Server.


Quote:> I recently tried to install SQL Server 7.0 on a windows 2000
> Professional machine and it told me that I could only install the
> client components.  The weird thing was that it said that It pooped up
> a message saying that I couldn't install SQL Server enterprise edition
> on  a machine with NT workstation!!!!  I don't know why it says NT
> workstation because it is running windows 2000 professional...

> Any ideas????

 
 
 

Can U install SQL Server 7.0 enterprise edition on a windows 2000 Professional machine

Post by Criatur » Thu, 06 Apr 2000 04:00:00


Windows 2000 Professional is new name for Windows NT Workstation 5.0.

You'll only be able to install the Desktop edition of SQL Server on a
Professional version of NT.

Mario


Quote:> I recently tried to install SQL Server 7.0 on a windows 2000
> Professional machine and it told me that I could only install the
> client components.  The weird thing was that it said that It pooped up
> a message saying that I couldn't install SQL Server enterprise edition
> on  a machine with NT workstation!!!!  I don't know why it says NT
> workstation because it is running windows 2000 professional...

> Any ideas????

 
 
 

Can U install SQL Server 7.0 enterprise edition on a windows 2000 Professional machine

Post by ba » Sun, 09 Apr 2000 04:00:00


I had the same error message installiing on Win 2000 Server.

>I recently tried to install SQL Server 7.0 on a windows 2000
>Professional machine and it told me that I could only install the
>client components.  The weird thing was that it said that It pooped up
>a message saying that I couldn't install SQL Server enterprise edition
>on  a machine with NT workstation!!!!  I don't know why it says NT
>workstation because it is running windows 2000 professional...

>Any ideas????

 
 
 

Can U install SQL Server 7.0 enterprise edition on a windows 2000 Professional machine

Post by james.. » Wed, 26 Apr 2000 04:00:00


m having the same problem. help!!!

> I had the same error message installiing on Win 2000 Server.


> >I recently tried to install SQL Server 7.0 on a windows 2000
> >Professional machine and it told me that I could only install the
> >client components.  The weird thing was that it said that It pooped
up
> >a message saying that I couldn't install SQL Server enterprise
edition
> >on  a machine with NT workstation!!!!  I don't know why it says NT
> >workstation because it is running windows 2000 professional...

> >Any ideas????

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.
 
 
 

Can U install SQL Server 7.0 enterprise edition on a windows 2000 Professional machine

Post by HSD » Wed, 26 Apr 2000 04:00:00


James,

Win2000Professional is equivalent to NT Workstation so SQL enterprise server
probably won't install on anything less than an Win 2000 Advanced Server.
I'm preety sure this is the case.

> > I had the same error message installiing on Win 2000 Server.


> > >I recently tried to install SQL Server 7.0 on a windows 2000
> > >Professional machine and it told me that I could only install the
> > >client components.  The weird thing was that it said that It pooped
> up
> > >a message saying that I couldn't install SQL Server enterprise
> edition
> > >on  a machine with NT workstation!!!!  I don't know why it says NT
> > >workstation because it is running windows 2000 professional...

> > >Any ideas????

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

 
 
 

Can U install SQL Server 7.0 enterprise edition on a windows 2000 Professional machine

Post by Richard Waymir » Wed, 26 Apr 2000 04:00:00


Correct.  Only the desktop edition of SQL Server 7.0 will run on NT 4.0
workstation/Win2k Professional.  You need EE of NT 4 or Win2k Advanced
Server for SQL Enterprise Edition.

--
Richard Waymire, MCT, MCSE+I, MCSD, MCDBA

> James,

> Win2000Professional is equivalent to NT Workstation so SQL enterprise
server
> probably won't install on anything less than an Win 2000 Advanced Server.
> I'm preety sure this is the case.

> > > I had the same error message installiing on Win 2000 Server.


> > > >I recently tried to install SQL Server 7.0 on a windows 2000
> > > >Professional machine and it told me that I could only install the
> > > >client components.  The weird thing was that it said that It pooped
> > up
> > > >a message saying that I couldn't install SQL Server enterprise
> > edition
> > > >on  a machine with NT workstation!!!!  I don't know why it says NT
> > > >workstation because it is running windows 2000 professional...

> > > >Any ideas????

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

 
 
 

1. Cannot install SQL Server 2000 Standard Edition on Windows 2000 Professional

After selecting "SQL Server 2000 Component" link, I got
the following popup error message.
"Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Standard Edition server
component is not supported on this operating system. Only
client components will be available for installation."

Can anyone give me a clue ? I do not have any old SQL
Server software installed on my notebook, nor SharePoint
Portal or SharePoint Team Services installed.

Appreciate the help.

2. Corn Jobs?

3. SQL 2000 Enterprise Edition on NT 4 or Windows 2000 Server Edition

4. Porting our Access mdb to our own Win App

5. Installing SQLServer 7.0 Enterprise Edition on Windows 2000

6. Problem with Oracle 8 client

7. Installing SQL 2000 Enterprise Edition on XP Professional

8. Char for Bit Data

9. installing sql 2000 personal edition on same machine as sql 7 standard edition

10. SQL 7 Standard Edition install on Windows 2000 Professional

11. Installing 8i Enterprise Edition Release 2 on WIN 2000 Professional

12. sql server 2000 Enterprise Edition on Windows 2000 AS

13. SQL 7 / Windows 2000 cannot install Enterprise Edition