Limit exceeded for number of servers.

Post by Michael Carrol » Fri, 27 Jul 2001 08:24:46

We are using SQL Server 7 EE sp3 on Windows NT 4.0 EE sp6a.  We do a lot of
work with linked servers for data synchronization.  We started getting the
following error a while back after applying sp2.

Limit exceeded for number of servers..
Error: 15430, Severity: 19, State: 1

I am not sure what this error means and we only get it occasionally.  I
assume that it means there is some limit to the number of linked servers but
I have not been able to reproduce the problem.  I have added up to 1000
linked servers (all pointing to the same actual machine) and run a query
against without any problems.  1000 far exceeds the number of linked servers
we ever seen at one time during normal operation.  I can't find any
information about this error in BOL or MS KB.  Can anyone provide some more
information?  Thanks

Michael Carroll

1. Limit exceeded for number of servers

We are using SQL Server 7 EE sp3 on Windows NT 4.0 EE sp6a.  We do a lot of
work with linked servers for data synchronization.  We are getting the
following error on a regular basis.

Limit exceeded for number of servers..
Error: 15430, Severity: 19, State: 1

I am not sure what this error means.  I am guessing it is either related to
the number of linked servers or it is a licensing issue.  We should have an
adequate number of licenses though.  I can't find any information about this
error in BOL or MS KB.  Can anyone provide some more information?  Thanks

Michael Carroll

2. Long result lines in text of file mode truncated

3. ct_connect error on HP-UX

4. The number of rows with pending changes has exceeded the set limit

5. New To Visual Basic!!!

6. 4GL err -257: System limit on maximum number of statements exceeded

7. GCI on Universe

8. Limit on number of sql statements exceeded

9. Number of users have exceeded limit?

10. email from sql server 2000 with cdo (body text limits exceed)

11. Getting a total hit number and a LIMIT number at the same time