data mining for biomech data

Post by Giuseppe Vannozz » Sat, 12 May 2001 02:01:35

Dear "dataminers",    :-)
i'm dealing with a great quantity of data obtained from biomechanical
experiments (*.txt files). Usually we use Matlab in order to analyze these
kind of signals. In order to deep into the datamining methods, can anyone
suggest me:
1) articles, books or similar, good for a basic study?
2) what kind of software to use?
3) algorithms?

Any comments is welcome!
Thank you anyway,

Giuseppe

data mining for biomech data

Post by Jamie MacLenna » Sat, 12 May 2001 02:58:55

There is an excellent chapter on datamining in the SQL Server Resource kit
available at Barnes and Noble and Amazon.  The kit comes with a time-limited
trial of SQL Server (including data mining) for you to try your solution.

-Jamie

Quote:> Dear "dataminers",    :-)
> i'm dealing with a great quantity of data obtained from biomechanical
> experiments (*.txt files). Usually we use Matlab in order to analyze these
> kind of signals. In order to deep into the datamining methods, can anyone
> suggest me:
> 1) articles, books or similar, good for a basic study?
> 2) what kind of software to use?
> 3) algorithms?

> Any comments is welcome!
> Thank you anyway,

> Giuseppe

1. Data mining using SQL server,problems with Data mining model wizard

I am trying to make a (data mining) association rule
mining software (applying it to a supermarkets database)
using SQL SERVER, OLE DB DM and VISUAL BASIC 6.0.
I had a few questions and was hoping that someone could
help me regarding SQL server:

1. I have seem to have downloaded all the programs
necessary to run and create the mining model but am facing
problems: Where am i to SAVE all these downloads that i
need to run my association rule software with? in one
folder? in the C:PROGRAM FILES FOLDER? or should i make a
separate folder for them all? downloads include MDAC 2.7,
angoss visualization tools etc...

2. What PROVIDERS are necessary to run an association rule
mining program? The error i keep getting when i use SQL
server 2000 (using DTS and angoss visualization tools, ole
db) is "LOOK FOR MSDMine..." where can i find it so i can
download it? what are the default providers that you get
with SQL SERVER AND OLE DB DM?

3. When I try to create a MINING MODEL using the data
mining model wizard (SQL SERVER) and the Data Transmission
Package, i DO NOT get a list of the possible databases
that i can use (even though they are present and i can
manipulate them in the analysis manager), and i DO NOT get
a list of possible data mining algortihms to choose
from... one of the solutions for this problem on the
internet was to download microsoft SP 2, but it did not
work. any suggestions?

2. Help with stored procedures

3. Data Wharehouse - Data Mining - Data Stage - ......

4. dbassist problems with Oracle 8.1.7 on Linux.

5. Data mining/data analysis survey

6. Universe NT, remote files

7. SQL in FrontPage - help me.............

8. Data Warehousing, Data Mining, and Olap?

9. refresh data in a data mining model

10. Data warehousing / data mining