Create Index - Permission Denied

Post by Jim Morriso » Thu, 15 Feb 2001 07:16:10

I am receiving a "Permission Denied" message when I try to create an index
on a table that was created through replication.  I know that an index can
only be created by the table owner, so how do I specify the owner and who IS
the owner?

Set cn = CreateObject("ADOCE.Connection.3.1")
cn.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.SQLSERVER.OLEDB.CE.1.0; data
source=\Source.sdf"
cn.Open

sql = "CREATE UNIQUE INDEX idxTblId ON tblTable (TableID ASC)"
cn.Execute (sql)

Create Index - Permission Denied

Post by Kevin Bosk » Fri, 16 Feb 2001 03:30:53

The "Permission Denied" error you are recieving is not a result of incorrect
user permissions. This error is returned because you cannot make schema
changes to a  replicated SSCE database.  In order to add an index, you will
need to:

1. Add the index to the publication.
2. Re-run the Snapshot agent to refresh the snapshot.
3. ReInitialize or re-create all the subscriptions.

All schema changes must be made at the publication.

Quote:> I am receiving a "Permission Denied" message when I try to create an index
> on a table that was created through replication.  I know that an index can
> only be created by the table owner, so how do I specify the owner and who
IS
> the owner?

> Set cn = CreateObject("ADOCE.Connection.3.1")
> cn.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.SQLSERVER.OLEDB.CE.1.0; data
> source=\Source.sdf"
> cn.Open

> sql = "CREATE UNIQUE INDEX idxTblId ON tblTable (TableID ASC)"
> cn.Execute (sql)

1. CREATE TABLE permission denied....

Hi all:
Maybe there's just a simple question, hope anyone can help me.
I have a replication task, Task name is IISWEB_IC_SEEDNET_IC
Task type is Distribution . Owner is repl_subscriber.
But it failed. The error message as follow:

37000[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]
CREATE TABLE permission denied, database IC, owner dbo

I'm wondering what permission should I do?
Thanx!

Anzo

2. transactions(I took it from a post)

3. Scheduled WinAt\VB6\Create Excel object\Permission denied

4. Do I really have to have my databases opened?

5. create table permission denied

6. I have a problem creating an installation program with ADO 2.0. Please help me!

7. EXECUTE Permission denied...What Execute permission????

8. VMark & Unidata

9. Allow add new records permission but deny all other permission on a table

10. (create index) vs (create index ... online)

11. Permission Denied

12. Error 229: SELECT permission denied for object....

13. Trigger using xp_sendmail : Execute permission denied