DB Library Error

Post by Simon Beet » Thu, 16 May 1996 04:00:00

I was running an update to calculate the extended cost along the lines
of:

update maintable
set cost =
(select cost*maintable.quantity
from product
where maintable.product_id = product.product_id)
where month = 3 and year = 1996

I got a DB-Library process dead error every time I ran this update.  Is
it an illegal statement or is it another bug in MS_SQL?

BTW - It worked fine when I removed the *maintable.quantity and ran it as
a separate update on maintable.

Si

DB Library Error

Post by Neil Pik » Fri, 17 May 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

> I was running an update to calculate the extended cost along the
lines
> of:

> update maintable
> set cost =
> (select cost*maintable.quantity
> from product
> where maintable.product_id = product.product_id)
> where month = 3 and year = 1996

> I got a DB-Library process dead error every time I ran this update.
Is
> it an illegal statement or is it another bug in MS_SQL?

> BTW - It worked fine when I removed the *maintable.quantity and ran
it as
> a separate update on maintable.

Simon,

Check your SQL errorlog to see if this has caused an Access Violation -
in which case it's a bug in SQL.  What version/SP are you on (6/SP2
fixed a number of AV's)?  Post the layout of the table and I'll see if
I can re-create it.

Neil Pike (MCSE)
Protech Computing Ltd (MS Solution Provider)

Using Virtual Access 3.20 build 117a (32-bit) on Thu, 16 May 96 07:42
GMT
On NT Server 3.51 SP4 / Windows 95 SP1