HELP: returnsrows after upgrade ver 6.5 to 7.0

HELP: returnsrows after upgrade ver 6.5 to 7.0

Post by Peter Webe » Thu, 18 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Tho following code example works using MDAC 2.0 with SQLServer 6.5 but it
does not return any rows using MDAC 2.1 with SQLServer 7:

Code example in ASP
    Set rsERJob = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
    Set cmdERJob = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.COMMAND")
    cmdERJob.ActiveConnection = conKepsped
    cmdERJob.CommandType = 1
    cmdERJob.CommandText = "..."
    Set rsERJob = cmdERJob.Execute()
    JobId = rsERJob.Fields(0)

Why ?

Post by Gianluca Hot » Fri, 19 Feb 1999 04:00:00

>Tho following code example works using MDAC 2.0 with SQLServer 6.5 but it
>does not return any rows using MDAC 2.1 with SQLServer 7:

[SNIP]

>Why ?

Peter,
could it be something related to NULL handling in
your SQL Statement ? Something like field = NULL
instead of field IS NULL ?

Just a shoot in the dark...

Gianluca Hotz
MVP + MCP SQL Server and MCP Windows
http://users.alphasys.it/ghotz

1. Triggers in SQL ver 6.5 and SQL ver 7.0

Hello,

I have a table called STUDENTS and STUDENTS_LOG.

I have created a TRIGGER on STUDENTS table that executes automatically when
I attempt to Insert or update the STUDENTS table.  The trigger adds a record
into STUDENTS_LOG using the INSERTED logical  table. This is to keep a
history of all modifications in the STUDENTS table.
------------------------------------
CREATE TRIGGER TRIG_STUDENT ON dbo.STUDENTS

FOR INSERT,UPDATE
AS

  INSERT INTO STUDENTS_LOG SELECT *  FROM INSERTED
-------------------------------------

STUDENTS table contains an IDENITY field.  I use a stored procedure to add a

other purposes.
STUDENTS_LOG table does not contain any IDENTITY fields

This operation worked fine with SQL ver 6.5

command in the TRIGGER

Why?

Thankyou for your time.

Gina Geurgis
The University of Queensland

2. dbLongBinary - Grows out of control over the 1 Gig barrier, Help!

3. 6.5 to 7.0 Upgrade: 7.0 doesn't contail all objects from 6.5

4. Problem loading to Timestamp column using SQL Loader

5. Upgrading SQL Server 6.5 to 7.0 and Upgrading VB 5.0 to 6.0

6. DTS: "update" question

7. help!!! having problems upgrading 6.5 to 7.0

8. T SQL syntax - upgrading from ver 6.5 to 2000

9. 6.5 -> 7.0 Upgrade Help

10. Help! upgrade to 7.0 from 6.5

11. urgent please help upgrading SQL 6.5 to 7.0

12. Q: Upgrade from SQL 6.5 to ver 7 or 8