sql server 2000 viewing role permission

Post by GarethKee » Thu, 12 Jun 2003 11:00:13

Hi,

I have just migrated a sql server 7 database from an nt 4
server to sql server 2000 on a new windows 2000 cluster.

I have been running some checks and noticed that on my
original sql server (with sql7 client tools)it takes a
couple of seconds to view the permissions for a certain
user defined db role, to view the same information on the
sql2k server (client tools 8) takes approx one minute.

If i use client tools 8 to view the same permissions on
the sql7 db the time taken is approx 10 miutes.

can anyone help

thanks in Advance
Gareth

sql server 2000 viewing role permission

Post by Gareth Kee » Thu, 12 Jun 2003 17:07:34

Hi,

I contacted microsoft, apparently it is a known bug in
sql2k and will be addressed with the next release of sql
server

Gareth

1. CREATE VIEW Permissions in SQL Server 2000

I'm a programmer who is the default dba in our office, a
role I accept with reluctance.  I have a power user who
needs to create views in a database on one of our servers.
This user is the sole member of a group that has been
given SELECT rights to the tables in the db, statement
permission to create views, and access rights to write to
the folders containing the db files.  This user can use
the view designer and set up his view query but when he
tries to save the view he gets the following error
message:  "odbc error: odbc sql server driver invalid
cursor state."
Does anyone have any ideas as to what's missing here?
Does this user need access to one or more system db in
order to save his views?  What have I missed??

2. Pervasieve ODBC error

3. db_owner Role (SQL Server 7.0 v/s SQL Server 2000)

4. backup

5. Lost DataBase?

6. Error3006 internal btrieve error on Pervasive SQL2000i

7. Views - Ownership , Permissions, DataReader Role

8. Registry Permissions of OLAP server of SQL Server on Windows 2000

9. MS Access - SQL Server - Application Role - Permission

10. What is ODBC and it's Role in SQL Server 2000

11. db_backupoperator role on SQL Server 2000