Help - Has anyone ever seen this error (sql 7.0)

Help - Has anyone ever seen this error (sql 7.0)

Post by BadMoj » Fri, 23 Aug 2002 00:13:23

We've been creating dts packages with vb for about a year.  Now we're
getting this weird error when ever we try and save the object.

The system cannot find the file specified. (-2147287038)

Help - Has anyone ever seen this error (sql 7.0)

Post by Andrew J. Kell » Fri, 23 Aug 2002 00:43:25

Take a look here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q274716

--
Andrew J. Kelly   SQL MVP
Targitinteractive, Inc.

Quote:> We've been creating dts packages with vb for about a year.  Now we're
> getting this weird error when ever we try and save the object.

> The system cannot find the file specified. (-2147287038)

Help - Has anyone ever seen this error (sql 7.0)

Post by BadMoj » Fri, 23 Aug 2002 01:05:08

I guess I should have been more clear.
We have seven 7.0 servers and a custom vb dll installed on all seven.
We call the dll via a stored procedure.
Inside the sp we're using sp_oaCREATE  to reference our dll and create or
DTS object.

the new object.
The process has been working for over a year on all servers.  It just
stopped working on this one.
We can even save packages to this server as long as we run the sp from
another server.

> Take a look here:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q274716

> --
> Andrew J. Kelly   SQL MVP
> Targitinteractive, Inc.

> > We've been creating dts packages with vb for about a year.  Now we're
> > getting this weird error when ever we try and save the object.

> > The system cannot find the file specified. (-2147287038)

Help - Has anyone ever seen this error (sql 7.0)

Post by Douglas Laudenschlager [MS » Fri, 23 Aug 2002 06:28:15

This error message was reported to Microsoft fairly often, and in at least
95% of the cases, the cause was the issue discussed in Q274716, as Andrew
suggested. In at least one case, the error simply disappeared... after a
reboot, for example.

Have you applied SQL Server 7.0 Service Pack 3?

-Doug

http://www.microsoft.com/security.

Help - Has anyone ever seen this error (sql 7.0)

Post by Allan Mitchel » Fri, 23 Aug 2002 06:34:55

Try reregistering the DLL on the offending server using REGSVR32

--
Allan
MCSE, MCDBA

Help - Has anyone ever seen this error (sql 7.0)

Post by BadMoj » Fri, 23 Aug 2002 21:34:37

Yes.  It's just weird that it just stopped working after a year.

Quote:

> This error message was reported to Microsoft fairly often, and in at least
> 95% of the cases, the cause was the issue discussed in Q274716, as Andrew
> suggested. In at least one case, the error simply disappeared... after a
> reboot, for example.

> Have you applied SQL Server 7.0 Service Pack 3?

> -Doug

rights.

> Are you secure? For information about the Microsoft Strategic Technology
> Protection Program and to order your FREE Security Tool Kit, please visit
> http://www.microsoft.com/security.

Help - Has anyone ever seen this error (sql 7.0)

Post by BadMoj » Fri, 23 Aug 2002 21:36:09

Tried that.  The object is created just fine.  It just can't be saved.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Quote:> Try reregistering the DLL on the offending server using REGSVR32

> --
> Allan
> MCSE, MCDBA
> www.SQLDTS.com

Help - Has anyone ever seen this error (sql 7.0)

Post by Allan Mitchel » Sat, 24 Aug 2002 03:49:11

Second thing then is reapply SP3 and do the reboot.

--
Allan
MCSE, MCDBA