Tranferring extended properties between databases with different collation

Tranferring extended properties between databases with different collation

Post by Paal Aaseru » Thu, 13 Feb 2003 09:11:01

Hello

I'm using the DTS wizard to transfer the same database from one SQLServer
2000 to another. The problem is that these two databases has different
collation setup.

The transfer is OK, but when I open the transferred database on the other
server, it complaines about sp_helplanguange when I try to open all the
tables that has extended properties.

Is there a way to fix this ?

Best regards
Paal Aaserud

1. Extended properties between databases with different language

Hello

I'm using the DTS wizard to transfer the same database from one SQLServer
2000 to another. The problem is that these two databases has different
collation setup.

The transfer is OK, but when I open the transferred database on the other
server through a access project, it complaines about sp_helplanguange when I
try to open all the tables that has extended properties. Then the message
that ID is write-protected occur.

Is there a way to fix this ?

Best regards
Paal Aaserud

2. URGENT! How many rows will be returned?

3. attaching databases to a server with different collation

4. ORACLE PERFORMANCE TUNING...

5. Extended properties for databases?

6. Binding DataControl+DBCombo+TextBox

7. Requesting of properties from different levels via DIMENSION PROPERTIES

8. Stored procedures and INFORMATION_SCHEMA

9. server collation vs database collation issue

10. data of 950 collation within database of 936 collation

11. Tranferring database from HP-UX to AIX using OnBar

12. One database server with different character set and sort order for different database

13. Replication, different collation