Can standard edition be upgraded to enterprise edition

Can standard edition be upgraded to enterprise edition

Post by Calvin Su » Wed, 29 Jan 2003 18:50:55

Must I make the standard-vs.-enterprise edition decision
at the time I purchase?  I was wondering if I can start
out with standard, and then later (if needs arises) change
to enterprise edition by paying only the difference, or a
nominal amount above this difference?

Or, am I "stuck"?  If I started with standard and outgrow
it, must I then buy a NEW license of enterprise?  Thanks.

1. Upgrading SQL server standard edition to enterprise edition

We are considering moving ACCESS97 to SQL backend.  The
processor lincese is our choice.  However, just wonder how
much it will cost if we buy standard edition for now and
upgrade to enterprise edition later?  we have both
internal and external(remote) users and databases size is
not really big at this moment.  Should we just buy the
enterprise edition right now?

2. Looking for a simple dss

3. Help! New to object-oriented programming

4. Upgrading SQ7 Standard Edition to SQL7 Enterprise Edition

5. Problem with dbComboBox and Adding new record

6. Upgrade Desktop Edition to Standard Edition

7. **US-NY-NYC-SR P/A-UNIX/C++/SYBASE-ACCOUNTING

8. Enterprise edition vs. Standard Edition

9. Oracle 8i Standard Edition vs Enterprise Edition for Linux

10. Enterprise Edition vs Standard Edition

11. Can't Restore master from Enterprise Edition to Standard Edition

12. Difference between Standard Edition & Enterprise Edition