can't access data in sql server from client

can't access data in sql server from client

Post by Sergi » Fri, 01 Aug 1997 04:00:00

We have sql server 3.5 sp3 on NT3.51, I have NT4.0 sp3 and sql odbc driver
"SQL Server 3.50.0256", MS Access 95.
I CAN access data in plain access db on the server and
I CAN access table design info on sql server BUT
I CANNOT access data in a table on sql server which is on LAN.
Whether I try accessing data through QUERIES or FORMS or TABLES I get the
same error "ODBC connection to mydb failed".  I tried various versions of
odbc drivers and one old one did work somewhat but very slow, it took 20-40
minutes to load a table with data of 12000 records.  We have other
computers, either Win95 or NT 3.51 that do work fine, but since I have a
new computer with the "latest" software, I can't connect.
Can someone help or steer me into right direction?
Is it the wrong version of odbc, or some Access files?

TIA,
Sergio

1. Access/ SQL Server 'Money' data type

I apologise if this does not seem to be the most appropriate group for this
but there seem to be a good population of Access/SQL Server gurus here and I
have posted the question to other groups with no reply

If I link a SQL Server 7 table to MS Access 97, any Money fields are
recognised as Currency in Access but on opening the table, or a form based
upon it, the values in the Money fileds are displayed as NULL.  If I update
a value in one of the fields then  it is updated in the SQL server table but
still displays as NULL in Access.

Any suggestions?

--
Regards
Pete

2. Date assigning problems !!!

3. SQL Server's version of Access's autonumber data

4. Time Out Errors & Others (Beginner)

5. SQL Server's version of Access's autonumber data type

6. How to create the table in Access97's database from the stored procedures SQL7?

7. JDeveloper 3.2.2 & iPlanet problem

8. ODBC linked table on SQL Server Access from Win '95 InternetWare Client

9. sync'ing an access db on the client w/ a sql db on the server

10. Interbase Client/Server 'Remote Access'

11. sql server client set up can't find sql server

12. Extending client to access Excel files (most data still in SQL Server)