JDBC connection to sql server 2000

Post by nicolas pruvos » Wed, 14 Aug 2002 06:15:15

I work with Windows 2000 pro and a DB on SQL server 2000.
I have download from the MS web site the driver JDBC for
sql server 2000. I have set the Classpath.... But I have
the following message error:

java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver
for JDBC]Error establishing socket.
        at
com/microsoft/jdbc/base/BaseExceptions.createException
        at
com/microsoft/jdbc/base/BaseExceptions.getException
        at
com/microsoft/jdbc/base/BaseExceptions.getException
        at
com/microsoft/jdbc/sqlserver/tds/TDSConnection.<init>
        at
com/microsoft/jdbc/sqlserver/SQLServerImplConnection.open
        at
com/microsoft/jdbc/base/BaseConnection.getNewImplConnection
        at com/microsoft/jdbc/base/BaseConnection.open
        at com/microsoft/jdbc/base/BaseDriver.connect
        at java/sql/DriverManager.getConnection
(DriverManager.java)
        at java/sql/DriverManager.getConnection
(DriverManager.java)
        at Connect.getConnection (Connect.java:31)
        at Connect.displayDbProperties (Connect.java:48)
        at Class1.main (Class1.java:90)
Error Trace in getConnection() : [Microsoft][SQLServer
2000 Driver for JDBC]Error establishing socket.
Error: No active Connection

What can I do to solve this problem?

1. JDBC Connection To SQL Server 2000

Hi all.

I want to apologize up front if I have chosen the wrong newsgroup for
this query.  If I wasn't so desperate for an answer I would be more
patient and wait for a response to my message I posted to
comp.lang.java.databases the other day.  However time is of the essence
in my case and this IS a question related to SQL Server 2000 so here goes:

I am having a perplexing problem trying to log into SQL Server 2000
using MS's JDBC driver.  Whenever I attempt to connect to the database
through DriverManager.getConnection() with the URL "suggested" in the
driver documentation I get the following DB error:

[Microsoft][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Login failed for user
'xxxxxx'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection

The user I have setup in SQL Server Enterprise Manager to test with is a
"Standard" user and not a domain user.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am at my wits end here!  Even
if someone doesn't have a direct answer perhaps you could send me along
some links to sites that might be of help?

TIA,
Erin Peterson

2. 6.5: Seperating Log and DB from Device

3. JDBC Connection to MS SQL Server 2000

4. Fix PdoxDOS or Migrate to PdoxWin?

5. SQl Server 2000 - ODBC Connection Problem on Win 2000 Server

6. Image data

7. Microsoft SQL Server 7 and Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Driver for JDBC

8. run-time error using access object library

9. Microsoft SQL Server 7 with Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Driver for JDBC

10. Need Connection string for VB6 DAO DSN-LESS Connections to SQL Server 2000

11. Lost Connection Access 2000 ADP and SQL Server 2000

12. Connection from Access 2000 to SQL server 2000