SQL connection problem

Post by Michael J. Lothschut » Thu, 26 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Also try MAKEPIPE/READPIPE utilities.

Mike

Quote:> I'm running Integrated security, have multiprotocol and named pipes
> installed. SQL client utilities cannot access the server on one of the
two
> programmer machines. We receive the following message: "A connection
cannot
> be established to <server_name>. Unable to connect: SQL server is unable
> connect or doesn't exist"

> Hmm. Both programmer workstations worked; the problem with the one just
> showed up.  Reinstalled client utilities, but this didn't resolve
problem.
> Have done a netstat -a on server and port 1433 is "listening". Data can
be
> accessed by applications. Only the one workstation is having problems.
> What's wrong?

1. MS-SQL connection problem

I have MS-SQL server 5.x and have been using it on and off for the
past few weeks, but all of a sudden we are having a problem connecting
to the MSSQLserver.  we have search the WWW for help and have come up
with nothing usefull - we have followed all the FAQ files and nothing
seems to work.  We can't afford to waste time uninstalling and
re-installing MS-SQL. we have ran the SQL service manager and have
stopped all services and managed to restart all of them apart from the
MSSQLServer section.

Could some one please help me as we are in a rut

Chris

2. CT-DATA WAREHOUSE DEVELOPEMENT(Recruiter)

3. sql connection problems

4. Upgrading a log

5. sql connection problem

6. Help with reports