Granting a database user SA privileges

Post by kjhj » Fri, 15 Jan 1999 04:00:00

How do you grant a database (not NT) user 'sa' privileges?

Thanks
Stefan Kochi

Granting a database user SA privileges

Post by Ron Talmag » Fri, 15 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Stefan,

You need to rephrase your question. Make a clear distinction between logins,
database users, and also which release of SQL Server you're on.

Database users only have permissions to objects in the database. Even sa
gets its privileges in a database by mapping to the dbo user in each
database.

Ron

>How do you grant a database (not NT) user 'sa' privileges?

>Thanks
>Stefan Kochi

1. Seeking query to display all users with sa privilege or sa equivalence

This should be a simple task.   I have not located the system table or
combination of tables that I can select from or join to determine all users
with sa privilege.

I am seeking a Transact-SQL query to list all users with sa privilege or sa
equivalence.   Certainly this should be simple and it must be possible.
This particular business situation is against a 6.5 instance.

BTW, I've seen the SQL Security Manager GUI interface.  This GUI tool lets
you expand a listing of sa accounts.  This is terrific but not what we need.

We are not looking for "select * from syslogins"

Thank you.

2. Domain

3. Announce: granting SA-commands to non-SA users

4. TX-DALLAS-110072--ORACLE-Oracle Architects/ DB Designers

5. Grant all Object Privilege from User to User

6. migrating datasets

7. How to grant SYSDBA privilege to user?

8. Oracle NT Services Start/Shut

9. Grant privileges using SYS user.......

10. Create a user with 'sa' privileges

11. how to script-wise grant access privilege to a user

12. granting privileges on other user