SQL 2000 profiler - application log filling up

SQL 2000 profiler - application log filling up

Post by simo » Tue, 01 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I have SQL 2000 installed on top of a swtchable 6.5/7.0 setup. It
appears a number of the 7.0 tools have been replaced by the 2000 tools.
When running profiler it fills my application log with an error, i
presume because the server I am using is not a 2000 one.

Has anyone encountered this?

SQL 2000 profiler - application log filling up

Post by Gert Draper » Tue, 01 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Please use the beta newsgroups for SQL Server 2000 problems.
-GertD

1. DBCC reindex fills transaction log in SQL 2000

The worst thing I found out today is that a reindex job
for a couple of tables(high volume) in 2000 fills around 5
GB of transaction log entries but the same job running in
7.0 server with the same database and tables, fills only a
few MB in the transaction log. I used Log explorer and
found out that in 2000 he makes lot of log entries like
Format page, modify rows etc,.
No user connections during the testing phase.
Can anyone explain this...

2. Using DAO to open SQL?

3. Event viewer application log filling up with SQL logins

4. newbie DTS question - I'm sure this is an easy one!

5. Application Log Fills Up

6. What are your favourite Tools to work with SQL Server ?

7. SQL profilers fills up disk space

8. FMProScript-->Applescript (How to pass parameters???)

9. SQLCTR60 - DBCC Errors filling up Application Log

10. PeopleSoft 8 with SQL Profiler for MS SQL 2000

11. SQL Server 2000 and SQL Profiler

12. Using SQL Profiler to audit SQL 2000

13. SQL Profiler in SQL 2000