How to program a new ODBC driver ?

Post by Gianluca Hot » Sat, 23 Jan 1999 04:00:00

>I want to work on a database, through OBDC, for which no driver exists.
>Hence, I would like to program my own OBDC driver for this database, but
I'm a
>beginner (also in english...) and I have no documenatations, nor tutorials
nor
>examples .... (the poor one... ;)

>so WHERE can I find some samples, tutorials, documentations etc...on OBDC
and
>the way to program drivers for OBDC.

Everything is available at http://www.microsoft.com/data.
Download the MDAC SDK (quite big, I think it's around 30MB)
it's full of samples and documentation.

HTH
--
Gianluca Hotz
MVP + MCP SQL Server and MCP Windows

1. ODBC - problem adding new odbc drivers

When I try and create a New ODBC Driver I get an error that says the
ODBC is corrupt or not installed correctly.
I checked the location of the file IDODBC32.DLL and it is in the correct
directory.  I re-installed Delphi and I still get the same message.
Any help would be appreciated.

2. Adding a job to run in SQL Server 7 from a VB 6 program

3. ODBC Driver Setup program

4. Can not connect to OAS via MS WWW-Proxy

5. Programming ODBC-Drivers Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Source Revision Control Software for UniVerse

7. Need ODBC driver setup program for sql server 7

8. Has there been a conference...

9. Q:VBScript program VS. ODBC(SQL Server Driver)

10. How to program an ODBC driver ?

11. Pow. Obj.: ODBC driver for .exe program

12. ODBC Driver, mapping programs and performance