SNAPSHOT ERROR / transactional replication, Please Help

SNAPSHOT ERROR / transactional replication, Please Help

Post by Alex Kleyma » Fri, 26 May 2000 04:00:00

I have 3 different publications for this particular database. All dealing
with different tables. The last one I set up was a transactional replication
with immediate updating enabled. I am pushing out 2 subscriptions. This is
the error I get when I try to start the agent.

Please let me know if you have ideas,

thanks.

Alex Kleyman

The process could not create file
'\\SQL_DEV1\D$\MSSQL7\ReplData\unc\SQL_DEV1_JupiterReplica_JupiterReplica\20
000525154145\account_file_list.sch'.

SNAPSHOT ERROR / transactional replication, Please Help

Post by Roger Wo » Wed, 31 May 2000 04:00:00

If the directory, \\SQL_DEV1\D$\MSSQL7\ReplData does not exist, you will
need to create the directory.  Also make sure there is enough disk space.

Roger

> I have 3 different publications for this particular database. All dealing
> with different tables. The last one I set up was a transactional
replication
> with immediate updating enabled. I am pushing out 2 subscriptions. This is
> the error I get when I try to start the agent.

> Please let me know if you have ideas,

> thanks.

> Alex Kleyman

> The process could not create file

'\\SQL_DEV1\D$\MSSQL7\ReplData\unc\SQL_DEV1_JupiterReplica_JupiterReplica\20
Quote:> 000525154145\account_file_list.sch'.

1. Snapshot Agent error in Transactional replication

Hi all, I am trying to replicate a table from one sqlserver 7 (which is the
NT4 machine, I use NT account to log in and this server is going to have
both publication and distribution) to another sqlserver 7(NT 4) by
transactional replication method. ( I am using Wizard).
Here are my steps:
a. configured distribution database successfully.
b. created publication successfully.
c. used 'push subscription to others' wizard and went all the way
successfully till I got the successful messege(the two cross flag).
Now, the problem is when I looked at the replication monitor its status is
failed and the messege is "Another snapshot agent for the publication is
running.".  I looked at the  Agents folder and the snapshot agents folder
has the same messege and the log reader agents and distribution agents
status is 'idle'.
Now, considering I am new to sql server especially on replication stuff, my
question is
a. were the steps I followed for replication is correct and in ordered?
b. since there is no other replication going on from my server, why I am
getting this error "Another snapshot agent for the publication is running."?

Thanks in advance.

kush

2. Continuing Access2K/Informix problems...

3. Please Help for Immediate-updating transactional replication

4. Error : firehose mode

5. Please help...Transactional Replication DTS Issue.

6. Copying over .dat and .idx files in SE 4

7. Transactional Replication and Snapshot agent

8. Variying source and Destination

9. SNAPSHOT Initialization for Transactional Replication

10. Snapshot for Transactional Replication Failing

11. Replication (Snapshot or Transactional?)

12. why snapshot job running in transactional replication

13. transactional or snapshot replication?