TCP/IP Sockets

Post by Christopher J. Capadon » Tue, 11 Aug 1998 04:00:00

HI,  I'm running Heat for windows on SQL 6.5 on NT server 4.0.  HeatWeb
needs to use TCP/IP sockets to allow viewing of a SQL Data source.  At
the moment, SQL  is not set up to run TCP/IP sockets.  I tried to run
the setup from the hard drive and the CD so I can Install them, but they
are not available.  Someone told me that this means NT is not set up
right.  What do I have to do to install TCP/IP sockets.  This is very
urgent!!

Thanx,
Chris Capadona

TCP/IP Sockets

Post by Tony Rogerso » Wed, 12 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Make sure NT has TCP/IP installed by going into control
panel...network...protocols.

Once installed, you should be able to add sockets by running SQL Setup and
adding network support.

--
Hope the above helps.

Tony Rogerson
Torver Computer Consultants Ltd.

TCP/IP Sockets

Post by Ken Conne » Sat, 15 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Is the NT box using TCPIP?

--
Kenneth Conner MCSD
Alpha-Pack Software

Quote:> HI,  I'm running Heat for windows on SQL 6.5 on NT server 4.0.  HeatWeb