Access 2000 ADOX schema/ Table Field Descriptions

Access 2000 ADOX schema/ Table Field Descriptions

Post by Brad » Thu, 19 Jul 2001 02:59:22

I have serveral Access 2000 databases that I'm importing
into SQL 7 with one problem. I extensively use the schema
object in asp which uses the description column in access
2000 i.e. field_name data_type description.  I have not
found how SQL 7 handles or if it does the "description"
from Access.  I noticed in SQL 7 that you can import the
metadata and see the descriptions associated with Access
field names but I've yet to figure out on how to import
them into SQL7 if it supports it.

Please advise.

Access 2000 ADOX schema/ Table Field Descriptions

Post by Gabriele Pont » Thu, 19 Jul 2001 03:39:12

I don't think you can import the description from Access. Since you want
only to read schema object, I would still use the Access database in the ASP
pages. I don't see any big impact on performance.

    Gabriele

Quote:> I have serveral Access 2000 databases that I'm importing
> into SQL 7 with one problem. I extensively use the schema
> object in asp which uses the description column in access
> 2000 i.e. field_name data_type description.  I have not
> found how SQL 7 handles or if it does the "description"
> from Access.  I noticed in SQL 7 that you can import the
> metadata and see the descriptions associated with Access
> field names but I've yet to figure out on how to import
> them into SQL7 if it supports it.

> Please advise.

1. Retreiving the description of a field in a Access database with ADOX

Hi,

I work on a program that i have written with
Visual C++ witch retreive data from a database
created with Access 97.
I use ADO to access the database. When we create a
database in Access 97 and we add field, we must
enter the FieldName, the DataType and we can also
enter a description. It is this description that
i need to retreive in my program (with ADO function).
I have shearch a lot in ADO docs but i did'nt find
a method or a property that can do that. So, i want
to retreive this description by programming (C++).

Thanks.

Sebastien Tremblay

2. Searching on Multiple fields

3. ADO/ADOX - Getting at Access table descriptions

4. Showplan_text and #temp tables

5. Access 2000 Field Description

6. MIT software developer, database expert, seeks offsite work - SQL Server DBA, Sybase, C++, Delphi, VB, HTML, TCPIP, NT, Unix, Dialogic

7. Vinculate Tables in Access 2000 using ADOX

8. hypertext support

9. Access 2000 and ADOX - New Table

10. Retrieving Field descriptions from Access table using ADO

11. ADOX/Access2000 How can I get opr set the description of a table

12. Retrieving Field descriptions from Access table using ADO