Service pack 2 for sql server 2000 on windows 2000 server

Service pack 2 for sql server 2000 on windows 2000 server

Post by Mark Epstei » Sat, 27 Apr 2002 01:11:59

I am running sql server 2000 on windows 2000.  When I
attempt to install sql service pack 2, nothing happens.

First I tried running the setup.bat file. When I double
click, I get no response.

Then I tried directly executing x86\setup\setupsql.exe. I
get the hourglass briefly, and then nothing.

I checked the processes, and setupsql.exe is running, but
is using no cpu time. I assume it errored out, but didn't
give any error messages.

Any idea how to debug this? Has this happened to anyone
else, and how did you fix it?

Thanks.

Service pack 2 for sql server 2000 on windows 2000 server

Post by Shri Anandpura [M » Sat, 27 Apr 2002 23:33:07

I would make sure that all the non-essential services are stopped. Check
the attributes on the files to make sure they are not read only & then
reattempt. Let the process run for a while to see what happens.
Thanks
Shri Anandpura

You assume all risk for your use.