HP NNM data collection on SQL SNMP agent

HP NNM data collection on SQL SNMP agent

Post by Mario Battu' » Sat, 27 Oct 2001 18:09:14

I hope this is the right place to ask the following
question.

I cannot setup a Data Collection, under HP Network Node
Manager (NNM) 6.x, on the MS SQL SNMP
mssqlDbInfoLogSpaceUsed variable, because the 'snmpget'
command, used to this extent, fails with the following
error message:

snmpget sps .1.3.6.1.4.1.311.1.4.1.1.6.1.13.7
microsoft.software.apps.mssqlServer.mssqlServerObjects.mssq
lDbInfoTable.mssqlDbInfoEntry.mssqlDbInfoLogSpaceUsed.7 :
VARBIND EXCEPTION:  No Such Instance

I contacted HP customer center and we are confident that
the problem lies in the MS SQL agent, that is not
responding correctly to the SNMP get request.

My environment: NNM 6.1 and SQL 7 on a WINNT 4.0 SP6.

Is this a known problem? Can someone help me?

Thank you in advance.

1. Server Snmp Agent on HP-UX 10.20

Hi,

 Can anyone help me ! I am tring to configure the SNMP Intelligent agent
on a HP-UX 10.20 server running Oracle 7.3.2.3. I can not get the agent
to talk to enterprise manager. I am tring to monitor and set thresholds
on the database. I do not have the documentation.

Willie

2. Problem with access 2.0 and access 7.0

3. snmp agents on hp-ux

4. Primary Keys

5. Informix 7.3 SNMP agent for HP-UX 11

6. esql/fortran on vax/vms

7. Setup SNMP Agent (snmp.ora)

8. Generating a report

9. Informix SNMP agent with Netscape master and proxy agents

10. Tcl scripts (HP-UX) / HP Openview / SNMP traps

11. SQL-DMO: SQL Agent Job cannot be found in Job Collection

12. SNMP agents for SQL Server 7.0

13. SQL SERVER 2000 SNMP AGENT PROBLEM