Create a new system table

Post by Rui Oliveir » Wed, 03 Mar 2004 20:03:13

Is possible create a new table in master database with the
flag 'System'?
Thanks,
Rui Oliveira

Create a new system table

Post by Kalen Delane » Wed, 03 Mar 2004 20:29:53

Hi Rui

Please do not post the same question independently to multiple newsgroups.
See my reply in .server.

--
HTH
----------------

Quote:> Is possible create a new table in master database with the
> flag 'System'?
> Thanks,
> Rui Oliveira

1. CREATE TABLE or Import results in new table being flagged as SYSTEM table

(this is version 2000 SP1)
When creating a new table, either thru T-SQL, the EM, or importing from
another server, the table is flagged as a "System" type, rather than a
"User" type. Thus, the table cannot then be edited/renamed/deleted. Even
something as simple as the following:

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Test_Table] (
 [id] [int] IDENTITY (1, 1) NOT NULL,
 [Field1] varchar(50)
)
GO

Results in "Test_Table" being created as a system table. The only change to
the server I can recall being made in months is that the recovery model was
switched from simple to bulk-logged. Other than that, I do not believe
anything has changed on this system.

Ideas and suggestions appreciated.

Ryan LaNeve

2. Win2000Server+SQL Server 7 and how many concurrent users ?

3. trigger on system table to track who creates new objects on a db

4. INGRES/Net on Win NT 3.51

5. Update data in a table when a new table with new datas is created

6. Simple question

7. DTS: Using table from Source and table from Destination to create new table in Destination

8. Hard Question

9. New tables don't show when creating new publication

10. Creating New Table in New Database

11. Vanishing Create Table when creating new SP

12. how many system table are created when i create a database

13. problem with new table / system tables ?