error message

Post by G. peterse » Tue, 14 Jan 2003 04:19:10

I created three asp pages.  The first retrieved the data
of a single user.  The second, allows that user to edit
their own information, and the this id suppose to be the
reponse page to the changes.

I keep getting the following error on the response page.

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01a8'

Object required: ''

/trade_show/update.asp, line 15

here is the sql update statement it says the error is
from:

the field id is an integer field, the remainder are
varchar in SQL table

set rs = Conn.execute("Update buyer Set email
= '"&email&"', address1 = '"&address1&"' WHERE ID = ""&
intID & ")

any help appreciated.

gabriella
.

1. oninit -i: "Cannot find message file"- Error Messages

Hallo!

I have a problem during initialisation of IDS 7.31 on SCO OpenServer 5.0.5
platform.
When I dry oninit -i the message "Cannot find message file" appears.

The installed IDS on SCO around 10 time on other machine and I had no
problems. So I think the enviroment and also the onconfig is correctly set.

Maybe someone had a idea...

Thanks, Gnter

CDSPELL=cdspell

CLIENT_LOCALE=german_germany.8859

COLLCHAR=0

COLUMNS=80

DBDATE=DMY4/

DBLANG=2

DBMONEY=.

DB_LOCALE=german_germany.8859

ENGINE=ONLINE

ENV=/etc/kshrc

ERRNO=13

FCEDIT=/bin/ed

HOME=/usr2/users/informix

HUSHLOGIN=FALSE

HZ=100

IFS='

'

INFORMIXDIR=/usr2/program/inf7

INFORMIXSERVER=viper

LANG=german_germany.8859

LC_COLLATE=german_germany.8859

LINENO=1

LINES=24

LOGNAME=informix

MAIL=/usr/spool/mail/informix

MAILCHECK=600

MSG_MAIL=1

MS_PROFILE=1

OLDPWD=/usr2/users/informix

ooefire

OPTARG

OPTIND=1

PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:.:/usr2/program/inf7/bin

PPID=6038

PS2='> '

PS3='#? '

PS4='+ '

PWD=/usr2/program/inf7

RANDOM=4915

SECONDS=475

SERVER_LOCALE=german_germany.8859

SHELL=/bin/ksh

TERM=r2

TMOUT=0

TZ=CET-1CETDST,M3.5.0/1,M10.5.0/1

USER=informix

2. disabling Fkeys

3. Help:Record/Key Deleted message and Error message Numbers

4. How would Homer write an SQL query?

5. Read error messages from message-area

6. Simple query question-please help

7. SQL 7 Error Message: Error: 1105, Severity : 17, State 2

8. ADODB.Connection

9. Error message - SQLSTATE 42000 ERROR 22029

10. @ERROR and Error messages

11. How to replace SQL Errors with custom Error messages

12. how to find the Error Message Text from Error Number