Last insert from replication not @@identity

Post by manon.. » Sun, 21 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I need to get the unique identifier for the last inserted row into a
table.
The problem is replication is turned on. The database I have uses
laptops that work (data entry) at home and then they can dock on the
network with everyone working, so an identity column would not always
be 100% unique when the computers are separated from the server,
instead I have to rely on the row guid generated from replication to

replication's unique identifier so that I could retrieve the identifier
of the newly inserted row or will I have to use the old extra timestamp
field for uniqueness?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.