Image datatype, and storing images in SQL server

Image datatype, and storing images in SQL server

Post by Sas » Thu, 02 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hi there,

Has any one had any experience importing images (in ASCII format I would
presume), into SQL server?

If so how is this data to be converted into images on the client's machine.

Thanx in advance

Image datatype, and storing images in SQL server

Post by Henr » Fri, 03 Jul 1998 04:00:00

The generaly recomended approach is not to put images into SQL Server. Put
the images on DASD or CD and reference the location in a field.

We do this with a system with over 40 Million images on-line.

Henry

>Hi there,

>Has any one had any experience importing images (in ASCII format I would
>presume), into SQL server?

>If so how is this data to be converted into images on the client's machine.

>Thanx in advance

1. Store image by using image datatype in SQL 7.0

Hi all,

     I have read the mail which the subject is HOW TO USE THE BINARY OR THE IMAGE
DATATYPE. I find the method which is provided by Neil Pike. Unfortunately I have
problems in getting the image from table. How can I get the image size or file
length in the table. I have used "GETCHUNK" method but I cannot locate the image
in the table.

Please help me to solve this problem

Regards,
CY

2. Help Opening Access 2000 from VB6

3. Maximum Image size allowed for Image Datatype

4. odbc connect error...

5. Maximum Image size allowed for Image datatype.

6. Default source for Buttonset ?

7. Binding an Image control to an Image field in SQL Server

8. Introduction To Data Warehousing

9. Retrieving an Image from SQL Server Image column (binary)

10. Poor SQL Server 6.5 performance with image datatype

11. text and image datatype, sql server 2000

12. Poor SQL Server 6.5 performance with Image Datatype

13. SQL Update of image datatypes from one server to another